Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

open an account

Options
  • 23-01-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

I want to open an account with BOI, I am currently with another bank, So today I rang the  help line on BOI web site about setting up one, I was told I need to make an appointment with my local branch, I asked what documents do I need to bring in etc, I was going to be in the area (14km away) this evening anyway so with my documents with me I walked into my local branch (my day off work) and at the "customer service desk"and I asked to setup a new acc. I was told it would take only 20mins and he'll check (on his PC) to see if someone is available. I was then told there was nobody available but how about tommorow at 1pm!!!! I am working tommrow.  My point/complaint is if it takes only 20 mins why could there not be more of an effort to accommodate me A NEW CUSTOMER, there were staff walking around etc,I think there were about 5 people queing at the main counter. I would have waited 20-30 mins but no, I see now how BOI went bust , CUSTOMER IS KING not BOI.
    If I owned a shop and you came in to buy milk , would you like to be told sorry no one available to serve you, call back tomorrow at 1pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi strandsman[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post, we are delighted to hear you are interested in banking with us. As a bank, we do endeavour to make the account opening process as easy, convenient and informative as possible for all of our customers.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We fully understand it was more convenient for you have the account opened yesterday while you were not at work. We are extremely apologetic your experience has not been to the standard we pride ourselves on. We are very much open for business and would therefore like to extend our assistance here. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like to send us your name and contact number in a Private Message and the branch that is most convenient for you, we will arrange for a Customers Advisor to call you and arrange an appointment that will suit you.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]You may be interested to know, for a more convenient way of banking we have opened some of our branches on a Saturday morning to new and existing customers. You can see more information on this here.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are in the Dublin area, the Bank of Ireland Enterprise Lounge, located at No. 2 Grafton Street in Dublin has extended opening hours in January. Our doors are open from 10am-2pm on Saturdays and Monday-Friday 7.45 am-10.15am, you can see more extensive information here. This will also display a list of our branches that will also be opening late to accommodate the opening of a new account.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]The account opening process is usually arranged by appointment. This allows the Customer Advisor to meet privately with the new customer on a 1 to 1 basis. This will give you both the time you need to complete the necessary forms, provide the identification required and also to answer any questions you may relating this process. However, we will try to facilitate our customers without an appointment where possible.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would like to extend our apologies again to you and look forward to your PM.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Many Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement