Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

questions regarding joining a gun club.

Options
  • 23-01-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

thanks for taking the time to read.

Up until recently i owned and trained greyhounds but getting out of that sport and hopeing to get into shooting.
    I live in balbriggan and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best club to join and what are the hunting seasons for the differnet birds, deer, fox etc.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated especially concerning gun club fees as some people say its extremely expensive and others say it relatively inexpensive?

Kind regards Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

thanks for taking the time to read.

Up until recently i owned and trained greyhounds but getting out of that sport and hopeing to get into shooting.
    I live in balbriggan and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best club to join and what are the hunting seasons for the differnet birds, deer, fox etc.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated especially concerning gun club fees as some people say its extremely expensive and others say it relatively inexpensive?

Kind regards Mick.

Some clubs do have a more expensive rate for the first year, and usually require you to have NARGC insurance. Im not far from Balbriggan, if you dont have any luck give me a PM and Ill help. Some of the clubs around here are "full" and are extremely picky as to who they let in.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Well Mick first of all I would try contact a member of the local Club in Balbriggan, they will will then put you in contact with the right people.for example the Secretary,most AGM meetings will be taking place just after the season, end of January for rough shooting, Deer is different, you will have to find out do you want to buy a shot gun or a rifle, also what game are you after, it's best you go for a Shot gun and take it from there.

Advertisement