Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas from tattoo artist?

Options
  • 23-01-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

I'm getting my first tattoo next week (just someones name) but I'm still not sure what font to get.

How does it normally work with the artist? Would they make suggestions or give you some ideas or do you have to go in with an exact idea?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Lucyx wrote: »
    I'm getting my first tattoo next week (just someones name) but I'm still not sure what font to get.

How does it normally work with the artist? Would they make suggestions or give you some ideas or do you have to go in with an exact idea?

Thanks

Most shops would have an entire folder of just fonts, you can look through and pick whatever one you like. The artist will give feedback if it just outright wouldn't look good.
    One bit of advice, DO NOT go in with your own stylized version of the name. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to misspell a basic word if you try make it look fancy. Simply write it down in block letters super clearly and let the artist work on the stencil. Double and triple check it yourself before starting the work. I know it sounds obvious but it's so simple, it's easy to get complacent

• Registered Users Posts: 36 newbygirl

Most shops would have an entire folder of just fonts, you can look through and pick whatever one you like. The artist will give feedback if it just outright wouldn't look good.
    One bit of advice, DO NOT go in with your own stylized version of the name. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to misspell a basic word if you try make it look fancy. Simply write it down in block letters super clearly and let the artist work on the stencil. Double and triple check it yourself before starying the work. I know it sounds obvious but it's so simple, it's easy to get complacent

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

One bit of advice, DO NOT go in with your own stylized version of the name. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to misspell a basic word if you try make it look fancy. Simply write it down in block letters super clearly and let the artist work on the stencil. Double and triple check it yourself before starting the work. I know it sounds obvious but it's so simple, it's easy to get complacent

No Regets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

No Regets

Just to prove my point.......I had to edit my original post twice due to spelling mistakes......ha :(

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

Got my tattoo done and I'm very happy

Wasn't too painful at all and the girl who did it was very cool so it all went very well.

Will probably get another at some point !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement