Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight game drought right now?

• 23-01-2014 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else feeling this? I got nothing to buy on a Sony console till march, thats 2 month. Silly stuff that is. I know there's always a drought with a new console as a rule, but still. Nothing on the vita either. Sad it is.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

From Playstation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling this? I got nothing to buy on a Sony console till march, thats 2 month. Silly stuff that is. I know there's always a drought with a new console as a rule, but still. Nothing on the vita either. Sad it is.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people rushed out to buy an Xbone or PS4 regardless just to play more expensive multiplatform games available on other platforms already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There is 2 games coming out for the PS4 cloud

Tomb Raider HD and Thief also what ever else they will be adding to PSN over the next 2 months

We all be getting 2 few games on PSN+ in that time so its not as bad as you think its a new games console so its to be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I don't see how anyone can be short of games for PS3 (probably 360 too), especially if you have PS+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have enough games on steam to last me 3-4 years. I started playing Warthunder on top of that too...

I still fire up PS4 to play some Ghost. I bought it as my "Lazy day" gaming device, when I am not fecked to play something serious and want just drop my arse in recliner and do some mindless stuff.
    Vita gets played thanks to Persona 4. already 20h in and by the looks of it I only scratched the surface of it.

There are games to play out there, it just depends what you play it on and what you interested in. 2 months break from bombardment from publishers sounds like heaven to my wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Always happens this time of year, it's right after Christmas, all the huge franchises got their yearly releases in the last 2-3 months.

And anyway, Dark Souls 2 is only 7 weeks away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

krudler wrote: »
    Always happens this time of year, it's right after Christmas, all the huge franchises got their yearly releases in the last 2-3 months.

dark souls 2 should keep us going until 2015 at least :p

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

Online will have to make do for now, if that's your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's the same this time every year, regardless of whether there is new hardware out or not.

As said though Tomb Raider is out next week, Fable is out the week after as is the new lego game which I'm semi looking forward to if the reviews are favourable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

krudler wrote: »

Did not realised it is so close.

• Advertisement

Did not realised it is so close.

50 Sleeps a dates calculator would have me believe :pac:

I was tempted to buy an Xbox One or PS4 until I walked into the likes of Gamestop and saw there was maybe.. 10 games out on each console. Really doubt I'll buy either for another year or so, definitely until there's an actual back catalogue. Right now it seems that the best games are actually coming out of the indie camp - in the past year or so you've had Gone Home, Thomas Was Alone, Dear Esther and others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Yeah, but I've been working on my backlog a bit. About to finish Bioshock Infinite, will then move onto Metro 2033. I'd never get through these games if I had loads of new PS4 stuff to play so I don't mind, I know the good stuff for the PS4 is coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

My backlog thanks to PS+ is getting longer & longer. Trying to finally finish Dark Souls before Outlast & Metro come out for PS+ in Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I don't think I've ever actually felt a gaming drought, because if there happens to be noting new coming out at the moment, there's still always tons of stuff already on the shop shelves that I haven't yet played. Usually for a fraction of the price too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

deathrider wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever actually felt a gaming drought, because if there happens to be noting new coming out at the moment, there's still always tons of stuff already on the shop shelves that I haven't yet played. Usually for a fraction of the price too.

That's the thing, I go through phases of buying new release stuff on release at times then and others working my way through back catalogue/psn games to keep me going until other new stuff comes down in price. the only new game I bought from the pre-Christmas releases in the last few months was WWE 2k14 and that was purely because it was on sale for 15 bucks on psn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they reckon because the developers didn't think that the new gen consoles would take off because of tablet gaming that there isn't much in the pipeline atm and so next year will be very lean

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Skerries wrote: »
    they reckon because the developers didn't think that the new gen consoles would take off because of tablet gaming that there isn't much in the pipeline atm and so next year will be very lean

It's just a launch drought, happens all the time. Also with install bases so low it doesn't make sense to put out big budget games just yet until there's more people to sell to.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's just a launch drought, happens all the time. Also with install bases so low it doesn't make sense to put out big budget games just yet until there's more people to sell to.

Was watching a live Q+A chat with a dev from Fable Anniversary earlier who pretty much said the same thing when asked why it wasn't coming out on xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Even for someone like me who doesnt bother with mobile/handheld/indie games there are always too many great games to get through. My steam backlog is massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Agricola wrote: »
    Even for someone like me who doesnt bother with mobile/handheld/indie games there are always too many great games to get through. My steam backlog is massive.

how adorable! ;)

vvvvvvvv

• Registered Users Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got nothing to play. No PS4 and no Steam, so I'm giving Assassins Creed: Brotherhood a second play-through for some reason. It's the best game in the series though, in my opinion.

Anyway, will trawl through PSN later for something new to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Right now I have nothing close to a drought. Still playing through ACIV on the PS4.

Then I have Ratchet & Clank into the Nexus on the PS3 to start. Follow on that there is Beyond: Two Souls.

And I'm playing through Luigi's Mansion 2 on my daily commute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No, too many games and more to come thanks to plus. Seems to be a problem mostly for PS3 users

Advertisement