Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen - Ducati 749 :(

• 23-01-2014 7:33pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heya lads, some sh1t news, my bike was nicked last night.

It was parked in the gated underground carpark of my apartment block where I live near Stillorgan, saw it yesterday, but it was gone this morning. It had a big lock on it but I reckon they brought in a van and lifted it. It's pretty distinctive - on the off chance someone might see it. 2005 Laois Reg.

KGHg1sl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

**** man really sorry to hear this, it was a cracker of a bike

Hope you get it back and whoever took it dies screaming :mad:

Just goes to show nobodys bike is safe from these scumbags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ah for fcuk sake. :( Poor lad. Sorry to hear, I hope it's recovered intact....

I hope the thief isn't recovered intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So so sorry Zascar...will deffo keep the eyes peeled. ****in Scum, just when it seemed the bike robberies were slowing down. Any CCTV in the complex?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers lads. Yeah there is CCTV so maybe that will get something.

On the positive side I'm fully insured with ncb protection so should be ok. New Bike Shopping! No idea what to get. I may even just get the same again to be honest but that's a big discussion for another thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Gutted for you Colly. Hopefully it turns up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

That sucks man :/ Will be sure to keep an eye out for you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Crappy thing to happen.

Sorry to hear, especially after you had the damage repaired from the last time they tried to take it.

You might have to go to the bike show in Belfast to look for a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Nice bike very sorry to hear.

Hope you get it back.

Hope the guys that robbed it die horribly in a high speed chase. ;) Oh we can dream anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Just saw the post on biker too, that's a kick in the sack, least it was insured. Any idea what type of van.
    Neighbours car was stolen before Christmas, broad daylight and nobody saw a thing, theiving scumbags should be gathered up and sent to the middle of the Atlantic and left to drown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ah, that's poxy. Such a nice bike :(
    Such a crap feeling seeing the space where your bike once was as you realise what happened.
    You definitely getting another ducati?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Aw man :( gutted for you :/

Will keep an eye out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

was the car park not locked up,are there any cameras on the building,look around behind buildings and lanes they might have rolled it away
    if theres key entry they can see who used a card to open gate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zascar was it just locked around the wheels or was it ground anchored aswell. I think I remember a thread you started saying you could/could not anchor it because of management or something to that effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Just awful. I'll keep my fingers crossed it comes back in good order. Let us know of any developments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

****e one Zas :(

haven't seen many bikes out lately myself but will keep the eyes peeled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

I doubt the op will see this beaut again.....stolen to order and not even on our shores now I'd say. What a kick in the stomach for the OP. And yes thieving k's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

May they did a screaming death the horrible Kuntz.
    Hopefully something is heard and if not you'll have to replace that with something as nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Muthafukrs...all well & good having fully comp & protected no-claims Zascar, but losing your wheels like that sucks man :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

jvan wrote: »
    Just saw the post on biker too, that's a kick in the sack, least it was insured. Any idea what type of van.
    Neighbours car was stolen before Christmas, broad daylight and nobody saw a thing, theiving scumbags should be gathered up and sent to the middle of the Atlantic and left to drown.

In a sack with rocks, just to be sure.
    Its mad, that apartments cant have secured access to parking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

cerastes wrote: »
    In a sack with rocks, just to be sure.
    Its mad, that apartments cant have secured access to parking?
    They can put gates up, but you can't stop a car coming in after someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Jesus Christ dude, I'm so sorry to hear this! Glad it was fully insured but still, that's going to leave a few mental scars! This is happening way too often as well, fcukers are taking advantage of the **** weather thinking the bikes wont be checked in a while. What we really need is a few sting operations and a dark van with tinted windows for transportation to an undisclosed location!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Remember all too well that sickening feeling when you discover your bike is gone. Hope it turns up, will keep a look out.

Advertisement