Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screen repair for Apple iPad Mini Retina

• 23-01-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if it's possible to repair the screen on an iPad Mini Retina? Just gave mine to a shop to repair. Screen was cracked but usable. Shop ordered the part for an iPad Mini original, took my screen off (which subsequently broke) and then realised they had the wrong part. Now claim they can't get the part for the Mini Retina and are throwing their hands up. The iPad is now totally unusable - ie: in worse condition that when I gave it to them and they claim not to be able to fix it. Great!

Anyone know any stores that will repair this, or what Apple would charge?

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apple support Should be able to find out through the Apple site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

whiterebel wrote: »
    Apple support Should be able to find out through the Apple site.

The warranty could be void now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

As it's been tampered with by a third party, Apple will deem it beyond economical repair. They may offer a discount on a replacement though, was around €250 I think when I worked there for the last mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Thanks all. Is there a third party anywhere that can supply a screen for the mini retina so that I can get it to the store I left it with to repair it? They are claiming they can't source the part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I have a minor hairline scratch maybe 1cm on the left hand side of my mini. Haven't a clue how it got there either. Guess it's not really worth replacing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Aodhagan wrote: »
    The warranty could be void now?

They'll quote for an OOW repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I had one done in Galway just before Christmas - it cost €99. They did a good job.

Advertisement