Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic but affordable Restaurant advice

Options
  • 23-01-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Looking for a nice romantic reasonably priced restaurant in the city and would love to hear recommendations from Galway folk.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

magnavox wrote: »
    Looking for a nice romantic reasonably priced restaurant in the city and would love to hear recommendations from Galway folk.

Here's a couple of threads you could look through: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86586789 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056181058, no point clogging this thread with restaurant chatter so I'm gonna create a new thread for you (although the above mentioned threads should give you a good idea of what's out there)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

High Cafe above Bunch of Grapes

Can bring your own bottle of wine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Vina Mara has good early bird offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I usually say Cookes when asked for romantic restaurants. So, Cookes
    Have a stroll down Quay Street and stick your head in the door of a few places and see if you find them romantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Rouge is a good spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I have to recommend "La Fine Bouche" - nice food and atmosphere - prices are not extortionate - only open Friday and Saturday nights I think.

Enjoy your date.
    V

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Thanks for the replies folks nice to know there are plenty of places about. I didn't realise for a few days this had been moved from the I'm looking for thread.

I had heard of Cookes before alright, any one any experience of the Western Hotel Restaurant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

magnavox wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies folks nice to know there are plenty of places about. I didn't realise for a few days this had been moved from the I'm looking for thread.

I had heard of Cookes before alright, any one any experience of the Western Hotel Restaurant?

I've never ever heard of that restaurant, have never heard of it suggested for anything. Had to Google it, and I used to live in Bohermore and never noticed it or went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

My friend has eaten there a lot, and likes it, had staff dinner in there etc..it does good deals or something!From walking past it for three years there always seem to be a few people in there so it cant be all that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Fat freddies has a quirky intimate vibe. I like it in there still one of my all time favorite restaurants. Pura Vida cafe is lovely upstairs for a date and they open late some evenings, don't know if its opened again since the floods though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Oscars do an early bird menu during the week One of my fav restaurants in Galway.

For affordable kirbys do a 3 course meal for 25 with a free drink down stairs in buskers afterwards. Make sure to ask to be seated upstairs though rather then down stairs by the bar which I would not recommend for a romantic meal.

You can check out their website for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

biko wrote: »
    I usually say Cookes when asked for romantic restaurants. So, Cookes.

Cookes do nice meat dishes but their choice of side orders is woeful!
    You get one side order free but there are only 4 to choose from (chips, veg, mash and something else). Boring.

Advertisement