Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any quick advice

• 23-01-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭

Ewe 6weeks out from lambing appears blind. Theeth chattering she's just standing facing corner. Gave her liquid life aid and 10ml of calcium .afraid to give her more in case it sends her over the edge
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭eorna

are her eyes clouded over?? or the eyes look normal but appears blind?? if the first put her on her own in a small pen , make sure she can get access to hay/silage and give her nuts, that will keep her going,antibiotic under the eye lid..she wont be able to compete with the others otherwise..if the second, time is critical and i think 10 ml is too low calcium for TLD i do give them more (50/60), keep glucose up and put her somewhere she can graze a bit of grass to keep system going..had both cases a few times :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

Thanks eorna went back out to her her chattering seemed better. Gave her another 10 ml calcium and it seemed to get worse so I chickened out. I'll leave her a while and see.
    Her eyes are clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

I wouldn't be afraid to go 100ml of calcium. She could be in shock after going blind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

I would guess at twin lamb disease or listerosis is she on silage and what level of meal is she getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

No happy ending :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement