Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time course

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I am not familiar with this course.
    It looks like a good introduction to instrumentation to me.

I see nothing to suggest that participants will learn anything about process control (apart from the title). It states what a participant would be able to do "on successful completion of this course" and then lists topics that relate only to instrumentation.

I would think that this is worth doing if instrumentation interests you.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

Thanks for the reply 2011, I'm currently working a few days a week for a large company which look after a lot of water and waste water treatment plants. The work I'm mostly carrying out is replacing pumps motors pressure transducers, flow meters etc and general electrical items. All such plants usually have large control panels with all instruments connected back to. These panels also include plcs of different types. I'm hoping to gain more understanding of how all these come together, so hoping such a course might be a first step.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Interesting work.

The main focus of my work is in instrumentation from a design perspective.
    We also have a waste water treatment plant on site.
    If you have any questions let me know and I will do what I can to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I done this course in Blanchardstown a couple of years ago and it seems the same as the one in Carlow. Its 250 euro cheaper and its nfq level 7 instead of level 6. It was a good course to do as it did give you a good introduction to instrumentation but it was part 2 of the course that you learned about the process control side of things. I only done part one so cant say what that was like.

http://www.itb.ie/StudyatITB/SECTH3015.html

m.j.w wrote: »
    I done this course in Blanchardstown a couple of years ago and it seems the same as the one in Carlow. Its 250 euro cheaper and its nfq level 7 instead of level 6.

Completing this course will not give you a level 7 ordinary level degree.
    This course will give you 5 credits at NFQ level 7.
    A degree at level 7 is typically 120 credits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

I don't think they offer it as a single module anymore in ITB. Its bundled into this 30 credit certificate with related modules: http://www.itb.ie/StudyatITB/bn742.html
    Overall you get a better award but it takes much longer and costs more.

Advertisement