Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instructions to Put your pets down after you die

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I just thought I would update the thread as things have happened.

My beloved auntie died in March bless her soul, a more loving person you could not meet.

She told me a week before she died that she wanted her cat (the elder one had died naturally) to be pts and buried in her garden like the older one.

What could I say? She was adamant. Terrified that her cat would not like life without her. Imagine.... the woman was dying, and all she was worried about was how her cat would fare out. Shows the measure of the woman.

Anyway, second surviving cat was old and had a good few problems.

The vet, local to us, and knew auntie very well agreed to put her down. I showed him her letter of wishes about this of course, and after auntie died, he agreed. Reluctantly I think, but given the cat's problems, he probably went with the "wishes" option.

I now have observed auntie's wishes, her two cats are with her now, and I feel ok about it.

God knows where they would have ended up.

Anyway, it is not a nice subject, but I though people might like to know what happened.

I have to say, I am in tears for Auntie K, she loved her cats, but she is a bigger loss to me now, and I can rest and know I did what she wanted.

Thanks for reading. Terrible time.

Advertisement