Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel account

Options
  • 23-01-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I had an account in BOI but I had to come back to my country short notice and I just realise that i didn't cancel my bank account. As I am not going back to Ireland any time soon, is it possible to cancel my account via e-mail or mail?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi,

I had an account in BOI but I had to come back to my country short notice and I just realise that i didn't cancel my bank account. As I am not going back to Ireland any time soon, is it possible to cancel my account via e-mail or mail?

Thanks
    Hi julianavasseur,

Thank you for contacting us through Boards.

Normally in order to close an account it is best to go into your branch, as you are unable to do this you can send a signed written instruction through the post, this instruction cannot be sent through email or fax.  

Should you have a remaining balance in your account please advise the branch what to do with the funds, whether you want them issued out by Bank draft or transferred to another account. Make sure you provide the details of the beneficiary account should you require the funds to be transferred.

You can find the contact details for your branch here.

We wish you all the best in the future.

Many thanks

Seán

Advertisement