Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can keypad be moved for decorating?

Options
  • 23-01-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I have a grey / silver keypad in the hall it is about 8 inches wide by 3 inches high with an LED display on the upper left side, it is branded Europlex Technologies. I am looking to decorate the hall over the weekend and ideally could do with removing it from the wall or at least loosening it. There are no visible screws or obvious clips etc on the keypad with the exception of what looks to be a small grub screw on the very bottom centre of the unit (screwed upwards from the underside of the pad). I am a bit nervous to touch this as I thought that it may set off the alarm (tamper sensor). Any advice on this would be much appreciated, I'm sure there is a very simple solution!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With Europlex it will set off an alert which your code will silence.
    If you can post a picture or a model I would be able to give you more advice on opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LittleGarry

KoolKid wrote: »
    With Europlex it will set off an alert which your code will silence.
    If you can post a picture or a model I would be able to give you more advice on opening it.

Pic attached, Thanks for the help Koolkid!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ahh Its a SigNET. Remove the screw at the centre underneath.
    Prise the bottom outward using the 2 slots either side of the screw. The bottom will remove first. The whole keypad is in the lid so you can either leave it hanging or disconnect the cables. If your disconnecting, make a note of the colours & corresponding terminals for when you need to reconnect it.

Advertisement