Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor cat grass

• 23-01-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hey folks! Dude absolutely loves to eat grass, he turns into a right little cow when I bring him out on his lead so I was just wondering does anyone know if any pet shops sell the little pots of indoor cat grass? I've seen them online but if I can buy one in a shop it would be all the better!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I just leave some unplanted pots of compost in the garden and the grass seems to seed itself, our cats love it and it lasts better than the indoor stuff. Plus some of the grass tendrils get very long and double up as cat toys, they love chasing them around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

They have a seedling pot of cat grass in Maxi Zoo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

boomerang wrote: »
    They have a seedling pot of cat grass in Maxi Zoo. :)

Perfect I'll head out there tomorrow :D I only want it because I won't be able to bring him out on his lead every day and until I can convince my dad to let me build an enclosure a little pot will have to do him :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I got seeds in a supermarket and grew it myself for Cinnamon. It was labelled as cat grass but afaik oat/wheat grass is the same thing. Grows super fast too.

I put ours outside one day and at the time we had a rescue baby seagull and he made a bed out of it so that was the end of that :P :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Anyone else have any difficulties - after - the cat eats the grass.

Its a case of Eat, Puke, Poop, around here when it comes to grass. :)

The main problem occurs when he bolts out of the litter box being chased by what is a much nastier version of soap on a rope, involving an undigested string of grass and... you can guess the rest. The trick then is to run quick and catch him before he drags it across the floor and furniture, in a desperate attempt to get detached from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Ambersky wrote: »
    Anyone else have any difficulties - after - the cat eats the grass.

Its a case of Eat, Puke, Poop, around here when it comes to grass. :)

The main problem occurs when he bolts out of the litter box being chased by what is a much nastier version of soap on a rope, involving an undigested string of grass and... you can guess the rest. The trick then is to run quick and catch him before he drags it across the floor and furniture, in a desperate attempt to get detached from it.

LOL the "soap on a rope" happens here too! Never thought if describing it that way! I find that my guys eat it when their tummies are a bit runny and it tends to firm things up again, though a lot of people find that their pets eat it to make them puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We used to grow grass in shallow litter trays for guineas in winter, little piggies disliked the cold, so as kids we brought the lawn to them. (Yes my house was a bit nuts growing up)

The advantage of the tray is it doesn't tip like a pot can.
    You can buy seeds for cat grass online.

Advertisement