Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what can i add to this?

Options
  • 23-01-2014 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

cooked brown rice
    tinned tomatoes
    red kidney beans

i want to give it a bit of flavour and maybe an extra ingredient like mushrooms or something as well:)

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

onion, garlic for a start.

some herbs - oregano or basil go well with tomato/italian-ish

some chilli

some mushrooms would be good too, fry them off separately, and add them to the final dish.

flash fried strips of sirloin might be nice in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cooked brown rice
    tinned tomatoes
    red kidney beans

i want to give it a bit of flavour and maybe an extra ingredient like mushrooms or something as well:)

thanks
    chorizo

chorizo

would aldi have that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

would aldi have that?

yeah, or lidl, you'll find it in the chilled section at the back of the shop near the lunch meats and sausages etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

smoked paprika

ok thanks
    plenty of ideas there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

You could add mushrooms, onions, garlic, ginger, peppers, some dried herbs/spices, some pork/chicken/beef etc and stir fry the vegs/meat/spices/herbs and then serve with the rice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Toast4532 wrote: »
    You could add mushrooms, onions, garlic, ginger, peppers, some dried herbs/spices, some pork/chicken/beef etc and stir fry the vegs/meat/spices/herbs and then serve with the rice.

And have an actual meal rather than just a random collection of ingredients like it was first! No wonder it had no flavour OP.

ok thanks everyone

ive got my shopping list ready:)

i presume i'll have to go to tesco for smoked paprika..aldi wont stock that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I don't think Aldi have smoked paprika but if that's where you do your shopping they do have things like normal paprika, chili powder, garlic and lots of fresh and dried herbs.

If you make yourself a simple tomato sauce like fussyonion's sauce here you can add things like tuna, your beans, chicken etc. to it and have it with your rice.

Loads of things you can do with tomatoes, beans and rice :) Basis of many of my mid week meals (search this forum for chickpea & chorizo stew if you aren't a veggie. One of the finest uses of pulses, tinned tomatoes and some rice on the side ever)

turned out ok..
    I fried butter rasher pepper chille onion mushroom garlic
    added tinned tomato and kidney beans
    salt pepper basil
    sweet paprika
    served with brown rice

seemed to lack a little flavour

I forgot the chorizo

Advertisement