Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E fibre service terrible the last month

Options
  • 23-01-2014 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Great speeds here guys.Seriously sick of this now its been a month and still the same.Just off the phone to tech and they cant help either because its a network issue???If it becomes a network priority then the network team will look into it im told even though i was told there is numerous customers complaining of bad speeds at peak time?Terrible service ill be ringing comreg in the morning to get my contract cancelled and i hope others see this.Im in kildare town so broadband quality should not be a problem.Iv had 4 call outs the last month and still the same.Goodbye and good riddance Eircom!!
    3254033297.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

giggsy07 wrote: »
    Great speeds here guys.Seriously sick of this now its been a month and still the same.Just off the phone to tech and they cant help either because its a network issue???If it becomes a network priority then the network team will look into it im told even though i was told there is numerous customers complaining of bad speeds at peak time?Terrible service ill be ringing comreg in the morning to get my contract cancelled and i hope others see this.Im in kildare town so broadband quality should not be a problem.Iv had 4 call outs the last month and still the same.Goodbye and good riddance Eircom!!
    And again..
    3253993269.png

Super speeds:)id get better speeds on a 3g modem.
    3254027402.png

Just upgraded to efibre today and things were fine until the evening. Now I'm down to under 2 meg yet the upload is fine.

3254067819.png

However when I do a test outside of Ireland it's perfect.

3254070054.png

The reason we upgraded to efibre is because we were having massive slow downs in the evening just like everyone else on this forum.

Just upgraded to efibre today and things were fine until the evening. Now I'm down to under 2 meg yet the upload is fine.

3254067819.png

However when I do a test outside of Ireland it's perfect.

3254070054.png

The reason we upgraded to efibre is because we were having massive slow downs in the evening just like everyone else on this forum.
    Prepare yourself for heartache friend because eircom are no help.

Thats well spotted im the same when i test from Manchester i get full speeds but when using Dublin server its 2mb?
    3254098281.png

• Advertisement

And from Dublin
    3254102744.png

Yeah any server I test in Ireland gives me around 2 meg. If I test a server in the UK or another country its fine. 

Yeah any server I test in Ireland gives me around 2 meg. If I test a server in the UK or another country its fi
    I havent seen this mentioned before i wonder is this something related to the problem.Well spotted either way.

Hopefully we might get a response from one of the reps tomorrow if they see this. 

We Better:)

• Advertisement

Any info guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

giggsy07 wrote: »
    3254033297.png
    Hi giggsy07

The network issues had an adverse effect on speeds outside of the areas mentioned in this press release:

http://pressroom.eircom.net/press_releases/article/eircom_Outage/

I've been advised that they are hoping to have this resolved very soon

Apologies for the inconvenience

Al

Advertisement