Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

When the likes of Ms Darcy gets a visit from the spouse of our first citizen you will assume that the government has no issues with this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

When the likes of Ms Darcy gets a visit from the spouse of our first citizen you will assume that the government has no issues with this.

While the President can't give any opinions on political matters, the presidents wife is a private citizen and can do what she wants politically (Remember Martin McAleese was a Senator). What she does doesn't reflect in any way on government policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

SNN-AMS is anna.aeros unserved route of the week, 30k searches on skyscanner last 12 months most from Dutch side

http://www.anna.aero/2016/05/25/shannon-amsterdam-is-skyscanner-unserved-route-of-the-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

United's Shannon-Chicago service almost resumed today :http://www.clare.fm/news/flight-forced-return-shannon

117 is not a bad load for the first flight of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

SNN-AMS is anna.aeros unserved route of the week, 30k searches on skyscanner last 12 months most from Dutch side

http://www.anna.aero/2016/05/25/shannon-amsterdam-is-skyscanner-unserved-route-of-the-week/

Interesting read. Thanks for posting. With a 70/30 Dutch/Irish split, if it were ever to come about (even on a seasonal basis), it would be a huge boost to the local economy.

• Advertisement

Sundays are quite busy at Shannon nowdays!

Today there is a total of 25 departing passenger flights making Sunday the busiest day of the week, comparing to the 16 that depart on Saturdays, the quietest day of the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Sundays are quite busy at Shannon nowdays!

Today there is a total of 25 departing passenger flights making Sunday the busiest day of the week, comparing to the 16 that depart on Saturdays, the quietest day of the week!

Sure where would they all be going?

The X51 Shannon-Galway service has resumed and will now be year round.

http://clareherald.com/2016/05/shannon-and-galway-draw-closer-with-new-service/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Norwegian flight DY7148 from Boston to London Gatwick diverted to Shannon this morning.

Landed very abruptly?

It's a shame at an airport with such a great history that you get so much hassle for planespotting.
    Also does anyone know what is going on with the United 757?

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    It's a shame at an airport with such a great history that you get so much hassle for planespotting.
    Also does anyone know what is going on with the United 757?

I've never gotten any hassle!

I've never gotten any hassle!

I tend not to get hassle but yesterday there was a fierce load. Firstly from some guy in the car park who said I was a terrorist and secondly a security guard who stopped me in the terminal because I was acting suspiciously with a camera (which was in a bag).
    Just one of those days I suppose.

I tend not to get hassle but yesterday there was a fierce load. Firstly from some guy in the car park who said I was a terrorist and secondly a security guard who stopped me in the terminal because I was acting suspiciously with a camera (which was in a bag).
    Just one of those days I suppose.

First instant, I would have just ignored it.

Second one, fair enough, it's illegal to photograph the security area and they would keep an eye for suspicious going on's.

First instant, I would have just ignored it.

Second one, fair enough, it's illegal to photograph the security area and they would keep an eye for suspicious going on's.

I just ignored your man in the first case but in the second one my camera was just after being taken out of the bag, no lense on and I was headed to the lifts. I wasn't being suspicious.

I had my details taken because I had an airband scanner in the car at the viewing area. A few years ago. Depends who you meet really

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

I had my details taken because I had an airband scanner in the car at the viewing area. A few years ago. Depends who you meet really

I rem I popped down to the viewing area (the new/present one) with my Golden Retriever ..... only me and another car at the far end of the area ..... let the dog out and he wandered up to the other car to say hello I guess ..... the guys drivers door was open and the dog managed to pinch a chocolate bar from the open doors glove box !!!!! ..... I got it back safely unopened and went up to opologise provusely to the Guy who turned out was a Guard on security duty ...... my Life!!!!!

......we had a good chat and so all was well :)

Think this is now open in the departures lounge

https://twitter.com/Zestlimerick/status/738599506191601664

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

Any reason this flight was not diverted to Shannon? See this link
    http://www.thejournal.ie/lufthansa-flight-diverted-to-dublin-medical-emergency-2808635-Jun2016/

cnoc wrote: »
    Any reason this flight was not diverted to Shannon? See this link
    http://www.thejournal.ie/lufthansa-flight-diverted-to-dublin-medical-emergency-2808635-Jun2016/

Lufthansa have existing operations at DUB, so it will always be the preference in diversions.

Seems BVA is cut for good. Leaving us without a regularly scheduled service to France.

Pity Ryanair couldn't make it work, or see the sense to change the timings to more suitable days, eg FRI and MON?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Thought BVA was doing good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Antonov 125 landed at Shannon an hour or 2 ago, anyone know the departure time?

davo2001 wrote: »
    Antonov 125 landed at Shannon an hour or 2 ago, anyone know the departure time?

124 or 225?

124 or 225?

I suppose a 225 would be well known in advance.

I suppose a 225 would be well known in advance.

If it wasn't known in advance it'll be well known by the time it lands! Hard to miss those yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Yeah, sorry! 124!

4 diverted flights to Shannon today from Dublin due to Low Visibility operations in place.

UA157 from Chicago
    FR553 from Manchester
    FR505 from Bristol
    FR813 from Edinburgh

Jet diverts with ill passenger (Clare Herald)

A transatlantic passenger flight diverted to Shannon Airport this morning after a
    passenger was reported to have fallen ill.

United Airlines flight UA-970 was en route from Chicago in the US to Rome’s Fiumicino airport at the time. There were 273 passengers and crew on board.

The crew of the Boeing 777-200 declared a medical emergency and told air traffic controllers that they wished to divert to Shannon.

• Advertisement

Shannon - Commercial Movements (IAA)

|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec|Total
    2015|1,253|1,026|1,277|1,454|1,725|2,169|2,058|1,728|1,780|1,645|1,283|1,312|18,710
    2016|1,222|1,128|1,390|1,488|1,807||||||||
    Change|-2.5%|+9.9%|+8.8%|+2.3%|+4.8%||||||||

Advertisement