Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

How so?

It's cheaper to have someone watch for example Kerry Airport or Knock Airport from Dublin than it is to have a tower down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Shannon757 wrote: »
    It's cheaper to have someone watch for example Kerry Airport or Knock Airport from Dublin than it is to have a tower down there.
    Curious.
    Do you know the cost of the provision of Air Traffic Control at Kerry or Knock as oppose to the cost base of the IAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Shannon - Commercial Movements (IAA)

|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec|Total
    2015|1,253|1,026|1,277|1,454|1,725|2,169|2,058|1,728|1,780|1,645|1,283|1,312|18,710
    2016|1,222|1,128|1,390|1,488|1,807|2,031|||||||
    Change|-2.5%|+9.9%|+8.8%|+2.3%|+4.8%|-6.4%|||||||

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

Hmmm interesting June figures. Which routes have seen a reduction I wonder? My biggest concern would be for ORD and EWR

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Airbus330 wrote: »
    Hmmm interesting June figures. Which routes have seen a reduction I wonder? My biggest concern would be for ORD and EWR

I imagine that those figures include all aircraft movements, including private and charter aircraft, so there may not necessarily be a reduction in movements of scheduled services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

lockman wrote: »
    I imagine that those figures include all aircraft movements, including private and charter aircraft, so there may not necessarily be a reduction in movements of scheduled services.

Nice and Poitiers are gone so that accounts for at least 32 movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Nice and Poitiers are gone so that accounts for at least 32 movements.

Offset by the return of EDI?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

May + 1.6%
    June + 3.2%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

BA 744 in Shannon, anyone know why?

And while I'm asking, how do you find diverted flights on a tracker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Deagol wrote: »
    BA 744 in Shannon, anyone know why?

And while I'm asking, how do you find diverted flights on a tracker?

Diverted earlier on route to London from the US, some kind of mechanical issue, a separate 777 came in a couple of hours ago to ferry the passengers onto London.

• Advertisement

Two diversions to Shannon Airport (Clare Herald)

British Airways flight BA-294 diverted to Shannon after being delayed for several hours earlier in Chicago. The flight was due in London at 7.45am however aircraft diverted to Shannon Airport even though passengers were told it would land in Manchester.

A British Airways spokesperson confirmed that the aircraft diverted into Shannon to refuel following a delay in Chicago. However, soon after the passengers had disembarked, the Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet was towed to a remote taxiway.

Shortly after 2.30pm, a replacement aircraft arrived in Shannon and the passengers eventually continued their journey to London at 4.15pm.

A second flight diverted to Shannon last night after declaring a medical emergency.

EL AL flight 004 was travelling from New York to Tel Aviv at the time. The Boeing 747 jet landed at 9.15pm and was able to continue its journey about two hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Does anyone know when the chance to book flights to Faro from SNN will be up on Aer Lingus and Ryanair's websites?

September/October at the earliest for Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

With the current situation in Turkey we might see Turkish stopping for security screening en route to USA similar to Kuwait arrangement

Anyone know why the Sun Country 737 was in Shannon this morning? Seems a bit outside it's normal area?!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ennisman

Regular visitor carrying US troops.

United Airlines UA914 from Paris to Washington diverted to Shannon this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ennisman

Medical diversion. Departed again at 17.45.

Ennisman wrote: »
    Regular visitor carrying US troops.

Never seen it before and I did think of troop carrier but didn't see any troops around the lounge. Was parked down at the low gates too which i took as odd.

Anyway, thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Ennisman wrote: »
    Medical diversion. Departed again at 17.45.

Delayed some of the Foynes Air Show too.

• Advertisement

United Airlines flight from Washington to Heathrow diverted to Shannon yesterday.

Flickr + Flightaware

Ryanair have done some off-peak season trimming with MAN route, no service Tues, Weds Thurs for 3 weeks in Nov and again in Jan!

Ryanair have done some off-peak season trimming with MAN route, no service Tues, Weds Thurs for 3 weeks in Nov and again in Jan!

So 4 per week.

Ahh beauty of Ryanair.

STN also only daily on Tues and Weds for much of deep winter too, the late evening flight. Ryanair will put this down to their announcement of less UK flights because of brexit today, though with the FUE and Malaga flights running over winter they will be careful about putting extra pax through the airport as they will likely be charged more for more than an agreed pax level.

STN also only daily on Tues and Weds for much of deep winter too, the late evening flight. Ryanair will put this down to their announcement of less UK flights because of brexit today, though with the FUE and Malaga flights running over winter they will be careful about putting extra pax through the airport as they will likely be charged more for more than an agreed pax level.

Hmm don't agree with your logic, as MAN was reduced to 5 weekly anyway, easily allowing FUE and then AGP is only replacing BVA anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Agree easy cop out using "Brexit" excuse for cutting capacity, simple reason either numbers are not high enough or revenue isn't delivering on those select flight.

I am a little surprised with the extra MAN cuts in November.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Agree easy cop out using "Brexit" excuse for cutting capacity, simple reason either numbers are not high enough or revenue isn't delivering on those select flight.

I am a little surprised with the extra MAN cuts in November.

They will probably blame it on brexit too

Not just SNN affected by the STN cut, Cork loses 1 of 3 daily flights on Tues/Weds and both Kerry and Knock now down to have no STN flight on those days and no LTN service on Wednesdays. Quite a cutback.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

Ten new jobs at Shannon aviation company (Clare Herald)

A Shannon based aviation services company continues to expand its operation with confirmation of ten new jobs on top of ten already announced earlier this year.

Atlantic Aviation Group has announced ten new positions at its Shannon based Hangar adding to their existing workforce of over 200 employees.

The announcement follows a similar one in April when the company confirmed the same number of positions.

The news also comes as bosses confirmed negotiations are ongoing with several major airlines regarding further multi-aircraft contracts.

• Advertisement

The UK Airport Provisional Statistics for April are out after a long delay.

The overall total UK figures are up +5.3% as against the same month from last year.

Fights and passengers to Manchester are significantly down.

392994.png

Advertisement