Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I would imagine everyone who is processed through the terminal is counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

They will likely have been counted twice actually, as both arriving and departing passengers.

They will likely have been counted twice actually, as both arriving and departing passengers.

Not if they are transit passengers.

Worth noting that

1). Shannons protocol won't differ from that of any other airport

2). The vast majority of passengers never leave the aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

2017-01-20
    UA946 Washington (IAD) Amsterdam (AMS) 18:10 EST 04:18 07:45 CET Diverted to SNN

Just touched down @ 05:30 as I was out on a far to early run

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ennisman

UA-24 SNN-EWR cancelled and crew transferred to UA-946. Flight crew member fell ill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Flight diverted to Shannon after pilot fell ill (Clare Herald)

Passengers from the cancelled Shannon UA-24 flight to Newark were accommodated on other services, according to the airline.

. . . . and had they changed the aircraft too our passenger statistics to Amsterdam would have been up 100% for January. ;)

State spent €1.5m on security at Shannon in 2016 (Clare Herald)

The State spent over €1.5m providing security for US military aircraft at Shannon Airport last year.

The Department of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that during 2016, they received 645 requests from 11 countries for landings by military aircraft at Shannon Airport.

592 of these requests came from the US military.

The article is unclear, how do you define the difference between security in general, and security only provided for military aircraft? Is there a difference?

The figures are specifically for Gardaí and Defence Forces protecting US military aircraft at Shannon. The opening line is pretty clear I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Masala

State spent €1.5m on security at Shannon in 2016 (Clare Herald)

The State spent over €1.5m providing security for US military aircraft at Shannon Airport last year.

The Department of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that during 2016, they received 645 requests from 11 countries for landings by military aircraft at Shannon Airport.

592 of these requests came from the US military.

Does Shannon / State recharge these costs to the 'airline' ??? Surely - the Taxpayer is not picking this up??

• Advertisement

Taxpayer I'm sure. ATC charges also covered by taxpayer which is far more concerning!

What extra protocols are in place that are only used for extra security.

Gardaí and the Army are called in in advance of a US military aircraft landing at Shannon. If the aircraft is just refuelling, Gardaí remain with it until it departs.

If a plane is staying overnight or longer, the Army and Gardaí park up on Taxiway 11 (usually) and remain with the plane until it goes again. This all started back in 2003 and has continued since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Ennisman wrote: »
    ATC charges also covered by taxpayer which is far more concerning!

Worldwide by international convention all state flights costs are covered by the host country.

Shannon Group plc has confirmed it has lodged a planning application with Clare County Council for a new aircraft hangar at Shannon Airport.

The proposed development will comprise a new steel framed wide-bodied aircraft paint hangar and internal ancillary office space, workshops, plant rooms and storage space within the airport lands at Shannon Airport.

Airport lodges planning application for new hangar (Clare Herald)

The new hangar will have the capability to accommodate multiple aircraft types up to an Airbus A380 :cool:

All they have to do now is get a client for the hangar and (we) hope they will service A380's.

The proposed development will comprise a new steel framed wide-bodied aircraft paint hangar . . . .

Eirtech Aviation would be the obvious candidate.

They will be looking for a client but IAC (Eirtech) could very well jump at it.

Leprechauns on a plane (RTE)

Great RTE headline.

Unfortunately I can’t get the YouTube link to work as an embedded feature.

Jenny Osborne-Kinch, Senior Economist at the Central Bank of Ireland discusses her article ‘The Aircraft Leasing Industry in Ireland: Cross Border Flows and Statistical Treatment’ with Paddy McDonnell.

Paddy McDonnell’s socks are something else. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

United Airlines flight UA107 from Munich to Washington has diverted to Shannon.

United Airlines flight UA107 from Munich to Washington has diverted to Shannon.

Medical.

FR6673 Liverpool-Knock diverting to Shannon now too due to fog at Knock.

There were 1,749,367 passengers recorded at Shannon last year (Wikipedia).

407780.png

The citation leads nowhere for me, file won't open on mobile, computer is in the repair shop.

Is that a verified source?

I've been on that page, and as I said it leads nowhere for me, the file won't open on mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It's correct figure.

• Advertisement

It's just unusual that Shannon Airport havent published it themselves.

Advertisement