Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Was a 747 again this afternoon.

Was filed for Friday’s. A330 came instead on Friday. Hopefully next week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shn99 wrote: »
    Was filed for Friday’s. A330 came instead on Friday. Hopefully next week

Cargo flights are chopped and changed so much I don't think there's much basis in anything said!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

"Passengers expected to rise to 1.75 million this year and 1.85 million the next."

I don't think anyone applying for the tender would enjoy the misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I think there is a case of "I told you so", I do have some sympathy for management. The plan from day 1 was flawed and targets were not realistic but they were needed to justify a split from the daa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

The UK Airport Provisional Statistics for November are out.

436867.png

The CSO statistics for August and September are out.

436868.png

Aer Lingus flight lands safely at Shannon after declaring engine emergency (Irish Examiner)

An Aer Lingus flight has landed safely at Shannon Airport after declaring an emergency.

The jet stopped on the runway so fire crews could carry out a visual inspection of the engine.

Once it was confirmed there was no fire, the jet continued to the terminal.

Flight EI-145 had just departed Dublin en route to Los Angeles when the crew reported the problem.

There's a post on the Shannon Airport facebook page posted an hour ago, stating that we're currently under an orange level warning and to check with your airline before coming to the airport.

Honestly lost for words. Firstly, the warning does not come into affect until 9pm, and winds won't peak until after all flights have landed this evening. In my opinion, there's no threat to flights. It seems there's no communication between whoever runs the page and anyone else in the airport, and all this achieves is making people already scared of flying even more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ennisman

There's a post on the Shannon Airport facebook page posted an hour ago, stating that we're currently under an orange level warning and to check with your airline before coming to the airport.

Honestly lost for words. Firstly, the warning does not come into affect until 9pm, and winds won't peak until after all flights have landed this evening. In my opinion, there's no threat to flights. It seems there's no communication between whoever runs the page and anyone else in the airport, and all this achieves is making people already scared of flying even more so.

Airport post now states ‘from later this evening’. Was it edited?

Shannon may not be under threat but maybe a passenger’s destination airport could be.

• Advertisement

Ennisman wrote: »
    Airport post now states ‘from later this evening’. Was it edited?

Shannon may not be under threat but maybe a passenger’s destination airport could be.

Was edited yes.

No passenger destinations under threat, at least not from this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Aer Lingus flight lands safely at Shannon after declaring engine emergency (Irish Examiner)

An Aer Lingus flight has landed safely at Shannon Airport after declaring an emergency.

The jet stopped on the runway so fire crews could carry out a visual inspection of the engine.

Once it was confirmed there was no fire, the jet continued to the terminal.

Flight EI-145 had just departed Dublin en route to Los Angeles when the crew reported the problem.

YouTube has the incident recorded ... just search ..... aer lingus diversion to shannon

hobie14 wrote: »
    YouTube has the incident recorded ... just search ..... aer lingus diversion to shannon

En route to LAX and reg was LAX :-)

Aircraft was still in ASL hangar at Shannon this evening.

Happy new year all. Hopefully bigger and better things for Shannon in 2018

Aer Lingus Boston flight was cancelled today probably due to dire weather in the U.S.

A British Airways flight from Heathrow to JFK seems to be returning to London at the moment but not diverting to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Aer Lingus Boston flight was cancelled today probably due to dire weather in the U.S.

A British Airways flight from Heathrow to JFK seems to be returning to London at the moment but not diverting to Shannon.

Yep. Boston flights to/from Dublin cancelled also:

EI 135 Shannon to Boston
    EI 134 Boston to Shannon
    EI 137 Dublin to Boston
    EI 136 Boston to Dublin

https://www.joe.ie/news/number-aer-lingus-flights-us-cancelled-due-bomb-cyclone-611682

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

norweigen seem to be doing very well in the last month

Current schedule is for Cork to have 2 flights daily to Paris next year, 1 daily each Air France and Aer Lingus (Although I expect EI to decrease given the AF announcement).

I don't have much confidence for many possible new routes out of Shannon, but Paris is one that I think there's a glaring hole. Beauvais doesn't really cut it, and it's lack of awareness had plenty going to DUB anyway.

Beauvais is a pain for sure but Ryanair only pulled it as a kick in the teeth to Shannon. At the time, the load factor on Ryanair's Beauvais service was higher than the airline average. There must be a market for a flight into CDG and would love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Rumour has it Transavia were looking at Orly for a while

• Advertisement

Noticed Airbus are around today doing circuits with an A350 ...... :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

hobie14 wrote: »
    Noticed Airbus are around today doing circuits with an A350 ...... :)

F-WXWB. MSN1. The very first A350 built. It seemed to be doing crosswind landings.

F-WXWB. MSN1. The very first A350 built. It seemed to be doing crosswind landings.

Yes........ I think the weather was very similar last time it was here .....

it would look great in local colours ....

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Was the Norwegian expansion not already announced in November?

mdmix wrote: »
    Was the Norwegian expansion not already announced in November?

Yeah only for SWF

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

I wonder did cork get any extra flights

no

Shn99 wrote: »

Good news, but not great news. While it signifies the strong market available at Shannon, it doesn't make up for the large loss that is Chicago, and just dilutes yield on existing routes to the New York and Boston regions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Good news, but not great news. While it signifies the strong market available at Shannon, it doesn't make up for the large loss that is Chicago, and just dilutes yield on existing routes to the New York and Boston regions.

The numbers on the Chicago flight had plummeted.

Advertisement