Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Taken from the seat selection maps:
    PHL-SNN 13th April : Business 9/16, Economy 135/160. Total 144/176 81.8%
    SNN-PHL 14th April : Business 7/16, Economy 105/160. Total 112/176 63.6%
    PHL-SNN 14th April : Business 12/16, Economy 134/160. Total 146/176 82.9%
    SNN-PHL 15th April : Business 13/16, Economy 158/160. Total 171/176 97.1%
    PHL-SNN 15th April : Business 13/16, Economy 107/160. Total 120/170 68.1%

( Can be off by a few as people might not check in until they arrive at the airport )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Looks good, however as I've said before be very skeptical with this method as airlines do reserve seats that haven't been reserved by passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Anyone at the airport take any notice of Philadelphia's loads? Would be interesting to see with them starting a full month early.

Loads coming in are fairly high but not too high going out was only about 40 ppl on it a few days last week, tomorrow is full tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Shannon still handling most aircraft diversions (Clare Herald)

The mid-west airport handled a total of 113 unscheduled landings in 2017. The airport dealt with 174 such diversions in 2016.

Last November, an Air France Airbus A380 Superjumbo diverted to Shannon initially with an ill passenger but then suffered a fuel leak on landing. This occurred after the crew dumped thousands of litres of fuel over the Atlantic to ensure they touched down within safe landing weight limits.

However, the fuel valve remained open after landing resulting in the runway being contaminated and closed for almost two hours while a clean-up operation was undertaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Shn99 wrote: »
    Taken from the seat selection maps:
    PHL-SNN 13th April : Business 9/16, Economy 135/160. Total 144/176 81.8%
    SNN-PHL 14th April : Business 7/16, Economy 105/160. Total 112/176 63.6%
    PHL-SNN 14th April : Business 12/16, Economy 134/160. Total 146/176 82.9%
    SNN-PHL 15th April : Business 13/16, Economy 158/160. Total 171/176 97.1%
    PHL-SNN 15th April : Business 13/16, Economy 107/160. Total 120/170 68.1%

( Can be off by a few as people might not check in until they arrive at the airport )

Those figures are very wrong anyway.

• Advertisement

Those figures are very wrong anyway.

elaborate, i did state the figures could be off as they were only the numbers i took from the seat maps

elaborate, i did state the figures could be off as they were only the numbers i took from the seat maps

There was 80 outbound yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Aviation firm says Shannon is perfect location to expand (Limerick Post)

Shannon Free Zone has been described as the “perfect location” by the latest company to run its European operations from the County Clare base.

Aerospace Asset Trading (ATT), a Florida based company, has taken possession of an 18,750 sq. ft. premises to join some 60 other aviation companies operating in the region.

Aerospace Parts Trading Ireland Ltd plans to provide full component, parts and repair management support for commercial passenger and cargo aircraft operators and their respective engines and major asset components.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

testicles wrote: »

I think they travelled with https://www.rugbytravel.ie/ which is part of Killester travel

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

I hesitate to ask but did I see an Airbus A350 1000 doing circuits around lunchtime .... cross winds etc?

1,599,390 passengers (excluding transit) passed through the airports doors last year, down 4.5% according to the CSO. Could be a blow to 2019 numbers when kuwait leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

1,599,390 passengers (excluding transit) passed through the airports doors last year, down 4.5% according to the CSO. Could be a blow to 2019 numbers when kuwait leave.

Is Kuwait leaving ? .....

When are Kuwaiti leaving? If anything, they are planning on staying long term with CBP clearance coming soon.

Kuwait was never anything other than a temporary thing, they'll operate direct when the US let them do so. Until this time comes, they'll continue to use Shannon. The thing is we don't know if that's next week or in the next decade.

Kuwait was never anything other than a temporary thing, they'll operate direct when the US let them do so. Until this time comes, they'll continue to use Shannon. The thing is we don't know if that's next week or in the next decade.

The US won't let them do so until security measures in KWI are up to standard which won't be anytime soon.

The US won't let them do so until security measures in KWI are up to standard which won't be anytime soon.

As far as I’m aware there’s a facility under construction over there in the new terminal which is why I said they could be gone by 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

EI will run a BIO service next month if Munster win tomorrow.

12 May 07.30 returning 13 May 10.10

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    EI will run a BIO service next month if Munster win tomorrow.

12 May 07.30 returning 13 May 10.10
    Learnt their lesson from the extra BOD flights from DUB this time around which Ryanair capitalised on and offered from Cork.

"and a spokesperson has told Clare FM that there has been 5% growth in the first quarter of this year." http://www.clare.fm/news/serious-concern-drop-shannon-passenger-numbers/

"and a spokesperson has told Clare FM that there has been 5% growth in the first quarter of this year." http://www.clare.fm/news/serious-concern-drop-shannon-passenger-numbers/

Where has this 5% come from? Was the airport not in a worse position this JAN-MAR compared to the season in 2017?

Where has this 5% come from? Was the airport not in a worse position this JAN-MAR compared to the season in 2017?

random number generator perhaps? also worth noting there has been a decrease in military transit traffic in the past year or so since the US Navy moved to BFS

• Site Banned Posts: 28 FelchWivMe

anyone been in shannon airport today? I was in the ground floor toilets and in the one nearest the wall, the word "HELP" was written on the tiled wall with faeces. disgusting behaviour

FelchWivMe wrote: »
    anyone been in shannon airport today? I was in the ground floor toilets and in the one nearest the wall, the word "HELP" was written on the tiled wall with faeces. disgusting behaviour

Perhaps that’s a matter for Noonan Cleaning services?

• Site Banned Posts: 28 FelchWivMe

Perhaps that’s a matter for Noonan Cleaning services?

possibly. it was very distressing, if I'm being honest. I didn't want the person who went in next to see it and think it was me, so i tried cleaning it off with a tissue.

it was hardened on the wall so must have been there for quite some time, some small parts flaked off but i could remove most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

possibly. it was very distressing, if I'm being honest. I didn't want the person who went in next to see it and think it was me, so i tried cleaning it off with a tissue.

it was hardened on the wall so must have been there for quite some time, some small parts flaked off but i could remove most of it

That's ****ty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Masala

anyone been in shannon airport today? I was in the ground floor toilets and in the one nearest the wall, the word "HELP" was written on the tiled wall with faeces. disgusting behaviour[/QUOTE

No fair to pick out Shannon Airport for this... it could happen in a McDonalds, in the Gresham, etc... there is just a low-life element of society that just think they are untouchable and can do what they want.

• Advertisement

Needs to be sorted ASAP though, not something you want in an airport where you've tourists passing through.

In regards to the 5% figure, it seems questionable.

Advertisement