Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Today’s 111 to JFK canned, aircraft needed in DUB. According to a source from the airport, passengers were told the crew were sick

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

seen that on flightradar alright

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheDuchess

I'm trying to book an early morning flight to London Stansted in December, however Ryanair don't seem to be operating the 7am flight in December. Have they cut this flight or am
    I looking at booking too early?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

TheDuchess wrote: »
    I'm trying to book an early morning flight to London Stansted in December, however Ryanair don't seem to be operating the 7am flight in December. Have they cut this flight or am
    I looking at booking too early?

Booking too early! God no.

It's been cut on TUES/WEDS since last winter IIRC. Operates other days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Shannon to Birmingham flight looks to have been dropped on Saturdays for a few weeks in November and December.

• Advertisement

Shannon to Birmingham flight looks to have been dropped on Saturdays for a few weeks in November and December.

N/A between November 10th and December 8th.

Shn99 wrote: »
    N/A between November 10th and December 8th.

Yup, no Saturdays on those dates, still operating past those dates pending numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Does anybody know if the Aer Lingus Faro flights will be in operation next summer ? They're up for Dublin and Cork but nothing for Shannon as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Does anybody know if the Aer Lingus Faro flights will be in operation next summer ? They're up for Dublin and Cork but nothing for Shannon as of yet.

Question over Faro but Malaga due back, Suspect won't be long before its on sale or not.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Question over Faro but Malaga due back, Suspect won't be long before its on sale or not.

Also a post on PPRUNE of some news on Wednesday. Not sure how credible it is though.

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Shannon-Edinburgh cut to 4pw (From 6pw) from late October, not operating Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

Despite this, it's looking like a winter season with some growth, with Norwegian's extras and the addition of Alicante.

Looks like it'll be 4x weekly for next Summer too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

The UK Airport Provisional Statistics for July are updated.

461273.png

I see Aer Lingus Lanzarote is bookable into next July

As I suspected, that has all been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

Aer lingus once again cancel because they need the aircraft in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Air Canada A330 ....Lyon to Montreal ... just came in 11.10am .... for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Ennisman

hobie14 wrote: »
    Air Canada A330 ....Lyon to Montreal ... just came in 11.10am .... for ?

Scheduled fuel stop but also medical in the end.

AA203 divert with ill passenger but flight has since been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Ennisman wrote: »
    Scheduled fuel stop but also medical in the end.

Unusual for an A330 from Lyon to Montreal having a scheduled fuel stop?

I would have thought the same alright but this scenario was confirmed to me.

EI111 cancelled again today. 14 return flights cancelled from SNN since the start of september.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

EI111 cancelled again today. 14 return flights cancelled from SNN since the start of september.

LBR which operated this mornings EI110 from New York has positioned to Dublin as EI990

marno21 wrote: »
    LBR which operated this mornings EI110 from New York has positioned to Dublin as EI990

And another 150 or so passengers being bused to DUB or being sent through LHR...They're doing no justice to whatever brand reputation they have left in SNN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

And another 150 or so passengers being bused to DUB or being sent through LHR...They're doing no justice to whatever brand reputation they have left in SNN

EI must be the most unreliable transatlantic airline operating from SNN.

I would be very reluctant to book a US flight with them at this stage with all the cancellations and subsequent hassle they create for for their customers.

Comhra wrote: »

I would be very reluctant to book a US flight with them at this stage with all the cancellations and subsequent hassle they create for for their customers.

This practice has been going on for the best part of 3 years. Back in March 16 SNN-BOS was cancelled for a number of days, in OCT16 20 return flights were cancelled in the space of 2 weeks. There have been plenty more cancellations in between on a smaller scale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Comhra wrote: »

As someone working in the airport, they would be bottom of the list for travelling to the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭d1980

JCX BXC wrote: »
    As I suspected, that has all been removed.

Any idea when summer flights usually load?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

New route announced for next summer, Ryanair to Ibiza twice weekly.

New route announced for next summer, Ryanair to Ibiza twice weekly.

Very interesting, unexpected.

Operating Wednesday and Sunday evenings.
    Outbound: 15:55-19:40
    Inbound (return): 20:15-22:00

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Radar issues in Ballycasey means the airport is closed

https://twitter.com/ShannonAirport/status/1047209151112331265

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Looks like it's open again

Advertisement