Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

I will be going through pre clearance in Shannon next week and I’m just wondering in general how long does this take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Stanford

Tacklebox wrote: »
    Mary Considine will stand in while they await candidates for the new position.

She stood in the last time too.

She's quite good at her job and has foresight and a great listener.

Bit like a bridesmaid at a wedding, always catches the bouquet but never lands the groom.......................a safe pair of hands

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

British Airways flight to New York is also cancelled today.

Why did the Aer Lingus EI-CJX return leg divert to Dublin?

Strange because the Norwegian return leg to New York is cancelled.

So where does this aircraft EI-FJO go to after departing Shannon?
    EI-FJO routed to LGW after departing SNN and is now running ops on Norwegian's short haul European network. It was running ops in North America so they made use of the NA-Europe positioning flight by running the SWF-SNN flight.

Aer Lingus hardly ran the JFK-SNN flight to Dublin directly to save on the SNN-DUB positioning flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

marno21 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus hardly ran the JFK-SNN flight to Dublin directly to save on the SNN-DUB positioning flight?

It was never destined to Shannon, so hence wasn't a diversion like FR24 implied.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Stanford wrote: »
    Bit like a bridesmaid at a wedding, always catches the bouquet but never lands the groom.......................a safe pair of hands

Exactly,and she'll then go back to her regular position afterwards.

Those CEO job's in the Shannon group are usually on a few years contract, so to leave a secure job for a few years on top isn't exactly smart.

She's quite good at what she does,and I can't see her going to do anything to loose her current secure position.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

MusSpo13 wrote: »
    I will be going through pre clearance in Shannon next week and I’m just wondering in general how long does this take?

I went from the car park to the departure gate for a transatlantic flight once in under 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

You'd wonder whether year round pre-clearance at Shannon will continue to be viable given the drop off in transatlantic flights in winter. Wouldn't be surprised to see it reduced to a summer service at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

You'd wonder whether year round pre-clearance at Shannon will continue to be viable given the drop off in transatlantic flights in winter. Wouldn't be surprised to see it reduced to a summer service at some point.

Bizjets are able to use it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

Today (EK163, April 8th) Emirates Dubai-Dublin flight diverted to SNN. Not found reason why yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,171 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Holding at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

15-20 minutes at the most and that when it is busy, usually it is around 5-10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Interesting photo of an Airbus Beluga in Shannon yesterday for rejected takeoff (RTO) tests.

What's also to be seen in the background, is that the steel girders are starting to go up for the new hangar.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Interesting photo of an Airbus Beluga in Shannon yesterday for rejected takeoff (RTO) tests.

What's also to be seen in the background, is that the steel girders are starting to go up for the new hangar.

It flew over me but couldn't see it due cloud level :( ... sounded interesting so checked it on Fr24 ...

The UK Airport Provisional Statistics for February are out.

477792.png

Virgin 787 just departing SNN for LHR ...... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Leaving after maintenance in LHT I would imagine

Shannon - Commercial Movements (IAA)

|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sept|Oct|Nov|Dec|Total
    2015|1,253|1,026|1,277|1,454|1,725|2,169|2,058|1,728|1,780|1,645|1,283|1,312|18,710
    2016|1,222|1,128|1,390|1,488|1,807|2,031|2,032|1,834|1,839|1,698|1,353|1,327|19,149
    2017|1,291|1,215|1,429|1,446|1,776|1,975|1,949|1,885|1,778|1,796|1,440|1,316|19,296
    2018|1,301|1,200|1,368|1,575|1,829|2,098|2,104|1,949|2,066|1,858|1,385|1,369|20,102
    2019|1,246|1,087|1,320||||||||||
    Change|-4.2%|-9.4%|-3.5%||||||||||

AN 124 just about to land ...... :)

Lufthansa flight LH475 from Montreal to Munich diverted to Shannon this morning.

Reason unknown.

On the 4th of April a Lufthansa flight LH411 from New York to Munich diverted to Shannon with a medical emergency.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Toronto officially suspended for the year (not operating anyway)

The MAX issues are going to cost SNN a lot of pax this year.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2019-04-25-Air-Canada-Updates-Schedule-Through-July-in-Response-to-Ongoing-Grounding-of-Boeing-737-MAX-Aircraft

A huge blow however a suspension was expected in some way shape or form. I’ve been reading tweets on twitter from passengers saying they’ve been re-booked to Dublin flights in August/September. Safe to say they probably won’t be back this year either

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

Between air canada and Norwegian (if suspended for the year), that’s a potential loss of 100,000 passengers (although surely some will still travel through other airlines in Shannon). That’s on top of the loss of their main transit service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭golfball37

Confirmation today that AC and Norwegian won’t be back in Shannon until 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

It will work out nicely for the new CEO though. A bad first set of results that won't be his or her fault. Then small incremental improvements for the next few years back to somewhere around last year's numbers, which will be hailed as progress (even though it's really stagnation) and added to their CV before they head on to another role somewhere else.

ELFC-1-696x464.jpg

€4m upgrade for ELFC Shannon HQ (Clare Herald)

The world’s largest independent aircraft engine leasing company, Engine Lease Finance Corporation (“ELFC”), is celebrating its 30th year of business in Shannon with a complete upgrade of its offices and a commitment to grow its Irish base.

Headquartered at Shannon Free Zone since its founding in 1989, ELFC, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance (“MUL”), is moving back into its state-of-the-art headquarters at the Shannon Free Zone after an extensive €4 million refurbishment carried by Shannon Group’s property company, Shannon Commercial Properties, who own the building.

ELFC is the world’s largest independent aircraft engine leasing company and has a portfolio of 300 engines worth in excess of €2 billion and serves 79 airlines and customers around the globe from its Shannon headquarters.

ELFC has gradually built its business since 1989 to the point where its global customer base covers all the continents, with its overseas staff operating from offices in Boston, Hong Kong and London with other staff based in Beijing, Birmingham, Dublin, Madrid, Singapore and Tulsa. In addition to its core engine leasing business, it acquired a majority stake in a Chicago based parts company, INAV LLC, in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

It will work out nicely for the new CEO though. A bad first set of results that won't be his or her fault. Then small incremental improvements for the next few years back to somewhere around last year's numbers, which will be hailed as progress (even though it's really stagnation) and added to their CV before they head on to another role somewhere else.

Shannons slide into oblivion continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

turbbo wrote: »
    Shannons slide into oblivion continues.

The Boeing issue was clearly outside their control, but the airport were overly reliant on the deal with Kuwaiti. The way those flights ended made the airport management look like amateurs.

The lack of information or public engagement on the Norwegian and Air Canada flights issue has also made the airport poor. They need to show leadership and engage with the public. There is a loss availability of over 100,000 seats, it would be fairly tragic if the rest of the available seats are not fully utilized. Shannon need to step up their marketing of the North American network

Advertisement