Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

LXFlyer wrote: »
    None of this frankly is relevant to the closure of the runway this morning which was what was being discussed.

An aircraft of any airline could have an incident that required the emergency procedures to kick in and the runway being closed.

It is certainly not unique to the military flights.

Any sensible person knows that.

But the amount of cretins on twitter today complaining because it just so happened to be an Omni flight today is mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

I love all these people complaining about what is essentially with all Omni flights passengers landing to use toilets, stretch their legs, buy a pint or a coke. Ah their soldiers you say. True. And yes there probably is rifles in the hold.

But as they represent the American state. I'm sure none of those moaning would visit such a place to visit friends or holiday. And all that money Sinn Fein collect from people over there whom have no issue with what America does around the world and has been since Korea in the 50's.

None of you will be taking any of 139 euro flights over this Autumn in a show of solidarity to the innocent killed around the world. Completely different thing you'll say. Emm whatever helps your hypocritical conscience sleep at night.

Some of you even travel to mid east countries with horrific human rights issues without any thought.

Shannon is just a place were people transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

Any sensible person knows that.

But the amount of cretins on twitter today complaining because it just so happened to be an Omni flight today is mind boggling.

I genuinely couldn't care less if it happened to ryanair, aer lingus,united etc cause atleast you can book a flight and just on the plane, omni causing to much controversy, i used not really care but im just getting sick of it now a good few sundays I travel and they are protesting and the roundabout, about 2 months ago two army veterans scaled the fence and caused a security breach causing more delays.

tv221 wrote: »
    I love all these people complaining about what is essentially with all Omni flights passengers landing to use toilets, stretch their legs, buy a pint or a coke. Ah their soldiers you say. True. And yes there probably is rifles in the hold.

But as they represent the American state. I'm sure none of those moaning would visit such a place to visit friends or holiday. And all that money Sinn Fein collect from people over there whom have no issue with what America does around the world and has been since Korea in the 50's.

None of you will be taking any of 139 euro flights over this Autumn in a show of solidarity to the innocent killed around the world. Completely different thing you'll say. Emm whatever helps your hypocritical conscience sleep at night.

Some of you even travel to mid east countries with horrific human rights issues without any thought.

Shannon is just a place were people transit.

Neutrality rabble rabble war machine rabble rabble ****ing rabble. I despise these people.

Great post BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

go back and read my second comment crator, I said it would be more in their line to worry bout pax flights which ryanair is then these transit flights that only cause controversy

The Omni flights have no passengers then? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I genuinely couldn't care less if it happened to ryanair, aer lingus,united etc cause atleast you can book a flight and just on the plane, omni causing to much controversy, i used not really care but im just getting sick of it now a good few sundays I travel and they are protesting and the roundabout, about 2 months ago two army veterans scaled the fence and caused a security breach causing more delays.

They protest the 2nd Sunday of every month, about 10 unwashed idiots on the roundabout, nobody really pays attention to them.

The army veterans you spoke of came through the fence on paddys day and didn't cause a single delay.

You've shown yourself to be clueless about this so just stop trying.

The Omni flights have no passengers then? :rolleyes:

These are transit flights, They dont contribute to Shannons passengers numbers atall

They protest the 2nd Sunday of every month, about 10 unwashed idiots on the roundabout, nobody really pays attention to them.

The army veterans you spoke of came through the fence on paddys day and didn't cause a single delay.

You've shown yourself to be clueless about this so just stop trying.

I can guarentee these caused a delay so gets ur facts right, I work at the airport too, All you care about is your own pocket

I can guarentee these caused a delay so gets ur facts right, I work at the airport too, All you care about is your own pocket

They didn't cause a delay, I was working that day. There was no delay because the only flight on the ground at the time was an Omni. The matter was dealt with within about 3 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

These are transit flights, They dont contribute to Shannons passengers numbers atall

Let's ban BA1 so in that case.

PS: they do

• Advertisement

They contribute to the airport with landing fees, parking fees, huge amounts of fuel. Then you have the troops at the bar ordering drinks and food, wh Smith makes a killing on chocolates, crisps etc, the duty free makes even more.

Then you have the transport companies who look after the crews, the hotels who also look after the same crew.

Cleaners who work on the aircraft, ground crews who do the same.

Have I forgotten anyone?

They didn't cause a delay, I was working that day. There was no delay because the only flight on the ground at the time was an Omni. The matter was dealt with within about 3 minutes.

The only flight on the ground was omni? Your the clueless one

The only flight on the ground was omni? Your the clueless one

It was at approx 12 o'clock. Prove me wrong.

I feel like you're lying about working in the airport aswell BTW.

It was at approx 12 o'clock. Prove me wrong.

I feel like you're lying about working in the airport aswell BTW.

Half 10 it happened and no im not, aer Lingus was on the ground and im nearly certain united was too,

Easy to find, just Google winter departures 18/19.

And you're contradicting yourself. United and aer lingus may well have been on the ground but if this happened at 10.30 then they sure as hell weren't delayed.

And you're contradicting yourself. United and aer lingus may well have been on the ground but if this happened at 10.30 then they sure as hell weren't delayed.

no I just said that cause you said that omni was the only flight that was on the ground, I remember the aer lingus Edinburgh had to circle around the airport for awhile before it landed which cause a delay, the ryanair flight in from stansted had to circle the airport aswell but that was delayed from stansted already so it caused another delay

www.thejournal.ie/shannon-airport-former-us-soldiers-security-breach-4547836-Mar2019/%3famp=1

Zero delays bar a cargo aircraft.

Out of interest what company do you work for cause its such a small place, we surely know each other.

• Advertisement

www.thejournal.ie/shannon-airport-former-us-soldiers-security-breach-4547836-Mar2019/%3famp=1

Zero delays bar a cargo aircraft.

Out of interest what company do you work for cause its such a small place, we surely know each other.

Not telling ya, if you don’t believe me u can ask me any question and I’ll try answer it, but I’m nearly certain the Edinburgh was circling for ages before it could land and caused a delay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Played back the data from EI3675 on 17/03 and it wasn’t circling, that’s that.

Shn99 wrote: »

Ur good

Time did it land?

Not telling ya, if you don’t believe me u can ask me any question and I’ll try answer it, but I’m nearly certain the Edinburgh was circling for ages before it could land and caused a delay

You can give me the initials of a supervisor or something in the company surely? Or even their name? Pm me if you want.

You can give me the initials of a supervisor or something in the company surely? Or even their name? Pm me if you want.

I actually think I’m ur boss

I actually think I’m ur boss

That would be very surprising but unfortunately no, definitely not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ah lads give it up please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Time did it land?

10:20:19 on the dot :)

• Advertisement

10:20:19 on the dot :)

Anyway of getting the stn?? Nearly certain one was circling

Advertisement