Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Jhcx wrote: »
    Tbh i wouldn't be overall surprised. a simple observation shows management have no interest in anything with the airline at Shannon. merely just keeping up appearances now at this stage. now I'm only judging as a passenger. Id say the loss of stobart really hit them at Shannon. and know a handful of people upset that they were diverted to transit through Dublin and by bus/train to reach Munster making it an inconvenience. Does anybody know if Edinburgh is coming back?

No it didn't, Aer Lingus capacity at SNN was normal, US bound passengers increased in the month. Belfast/Cork had capacity slashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    No it didn't, Aer Lingus capacity at SNN was normal, US bound passengers increased in the month. Belfast/Cork had capacity slashed.

how can you call stobart pulling out and cancelling Boston for 10 day normal. i see the article is over all EI after i wrote my post

how can you call stobart pulling out and cancelling Boston for 10 day normal. i see the article is over all EI after i wrote my post

Stobart had noting to do with Aer Lingus, Aer Lingus receive a fee for tickets sold but nothing else.

I forgot about BOS, but that was purely operational for for the least inconvenience and costs to the airline. No big dealt only a few hundred affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Stobart had noting to do with Aer Lingus, Aer Lingus receive a fee for tickets sold but nothing else.

I forgot about BOS, but that was purely operational for for the least inconvenience and costs to the airline. No big dealt only a few hundred affected.

but those routes they pulled do they not affect the presence of EI at shannon? ei now have less to offer from shannon therefore loosing business in the long term. im sure im not the only one who thinks the way i do that if my national airline is going to put me the customer last why should i give them my business in the future.

but those routes they pulled do they not affect the presence of EI at shannon? ei now have less to offer from shannon therefore loosing business in the long term. im sure im not the only one who thinks the way i do that if my national airline is going to put me the customer last why should i give them my business in the future.

But are they really losing business, they never had it in the first place. People will fly with them from Cork/Dublin or Ryanair from Knock/Dublin or even Shannon if the take some of the routes.

The traveling public are fickle, didn't the public come back to Ryanair after what they did to SNN! If EI came back tomorrow they would come back as well. The only people who may think twice is those with forward bookings but if push came to shove and SNN was more convenient they would fly with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Dublin and Shannon airports, meanwhile, were among the best performers of their peers in Europe in during the first quarter, according to the quarterly report from industry body Airports Council International.

Passengers through Shannon were up 42.7 per cent, ranking it fourth in its group – airports with fewer than four million passengers annually. (Irish Times)

A first Quarter passenger increase of +42.7% at Shannon is hard to believe. :confused:

Since Shannon’s biggest market, the UK grew only by +10.5% and the number of commercial movements remained the same as the period from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Dublin and Shannon airports, meanwhile, were among the best performers of their peers in Europe in during the first quarter, according to the quarterly report from industry body Airports Council International.

Passengers through Shannon were up 42.7 per cent, ranking it fourth in its group – airports with fewer than four million passengers annually. (Irish Times)

A first Quarter passenger increase of +42.7% at Shannon is hard to believe. :confused:

Since Shannon’s biggest market, the UK grew only by +10.5% and the number of commercial movements remained the same as the period from last year.

It was the first full winter season of the added RYR routes, plus the added T/A capacity. Remember there were so few flights Jan-March previously it wouldn't take much to increase it like that!

Looks like British Airways (BA9260) doing some training in Shannon today?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone know why AA777 (US777) is delayed today?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Anyone know why AA777 (US777) is delayed today?

No idea, what time did it depart?

Also anyone know why the DUB-TFS diverted to Shannon?

• Advertisement

The Aer Lingus A320 with the new Greenspirit livery is operating this evenings SNN-LHR and EI EPS positioned to DUB.

Anyone know if they're planning on operating the LHR route with a 320 or 319 for the summer?

Airbus330 wrote: »
    The Aer Lingus A320 with the new Greenspirit livery is operating this evenings SNN-LHR and EI EPS positioned to DUB.

Anyone know if they're planning on operating the LHR route with a 320 or 319 for the summer?

Shannon Airport air traffic down -20.4% for April (IAA).

The loss of the Aer Lingus Regional base can be felt now.

348441.jpg

At least we will get 6 weekly flights to Birmingham back in June. (Compared to 14 previously).

No American Airlines flight tomorrow?

Shannon Airport air traffic down -20.4% for April (IAA).

The loss of the Aer Lingus Regional base can be felt now.

348441.jpg

Shannon doing well despite Irish Aviation Authority stats (Clare Champion)

While figures released by the Irish Aviation Authority in recent days point to a terrible month of April at Shannon Airport, a spokesman for the Banner airport said they are actually quite misleading and that Shannon is on something on a roll.

The Irish Aviation Authority figures showed that the number of traffic movements at Shannon in April was 1,454, down by over 20% on April of 2014. Their figures also showed that for the year to date there were 5,010 movements, down by 7.2% on the first four months of 2014.

However a spokesman for the airport said that passenger numbers are actually rising at Shannon. “Shannon Airport has enjoyed another promising start to the year, with overall passenger numbers up by 16% by the end of April compared to the same period last year. Already for the first 10 days in May the Airport is showing a five per cent increase in passenger numbers.

Regarding the IAA figures, he added, “The reduction in commercial terminal movements (landings and take-off of aircraft) at Shannon in April relates principally to the loss of the Stobart Air services from Shannon to Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh. This resulted in 12.5 less movements each day but, from a UK passenger perspective, has been compensated for with the introduction of a larger aircraft this year on our Manchester service, which is being operated by Ryanair.

“Traffic movements in April were also affected by the temporary loss of 17 flights on the Aer Lingus Boston service for aircraft maintenance.” There are reasons for optimism about the rest of the year, he added. “Shannon remains on course to achieve passenger growth overall in 2015. This will be facilitated by the return of a Stobart Air Birmingham service in June, while there will be a 6% increase in capacity overall on US services thanks to Delta extending its season on JFK New York and American Airlines increasing its capacity by 58% on Philadelphia.”

It has certainly not been compensated by the MAN service on the Ryanair aircraft! 4 extra flights a week on a larger aircraft doesn't compensate the loss of 7 daily UK flights.

Ireland can deliver memorable Rugby World Cup – says leading global sports official (Shannon Airport)

Ireland has the capacity to deliver one of the best ever Rugby World Cup tournaments, if its bid for the 2023 tournament is successful - one of the world’s leading sports officials has stated.Speaking ahead of his arrival to Ireland this week to address the Shannon Airport European Sport Tourism Summit, which takes place in Thomond Park on Thursday and Friday, CEO of the Commonwealth Games Federation David Grevemberg said that Ireland has a “fantastic offering” when it comes to staging major sports events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

what are the chances of stobart/anyone putting on a bristol flight?
    i know no one knows the answer, but is it any way likely? ye know the ins and outs more than me:D

zweton wrote: »
    what are the chances of stobart/anyone putting on a bristol flight?
    i know no one knows the answer, but is it any way likely? ye know the ins and outs more than me:D

IMO its impossible until IAG takes over. The route probably wouldnt make as much money as other possible routes on a daily ATR72 and stobart are using their ATR42's to the Max so until then it probably won't return.

Maybe Flybe, but after that its very limited.

First priority is for a Scottish route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Maybe Flybe, but after that its very limited.

Flybe don't operate to Bristol at all anymore

Flybe don't operate to Bristol at all anymore

Wasn't aware of that.

Maybe Cardiff in that case?

1054l1e.jpg

Aer lingus' EI903 FAO-SNN and SNN-FAO resumes today.

1054l1e.jpg

Aer lingus' EI903 FAO-SNN and SNN-FAO resumes today.

When is United back on Chicago?

When is United back on Chicago?

Around the 23rd I think.

Zurich resumes today on an F100, Malaga resumes tomorrow, Turkey starts next week and Chicago resumes next week. Finally Birmingham starts in a month on the 18th of June.

Clare prepares to welcome Royal couple (Clare Herald)

Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are due to land in Shannon Airport on Tuesday before travelling to the Burren, a journey the Prince – a keen botanist – had originally planned to make in 2002 but was forced to cancel following the death of his aunt Princess Margaret.

The Royal couple will later depart The Burren for Galway where they will visit NUI Galway.

University President, Dr Jim Browne, has heralded next week’s royal visit as an “an important milestone in this University’s proud 170 year-old history”.

Needless to say that security will be tight in Shannon on Tuesday.

Nice opportunity to market the West of Ireland in the UK. :)

Delayed by 13 years, wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

What will they be flying in on?

Also anyone know if the Aer Lingus 767 will be in painted in Aer Lingus livery or not?

• Advertisement

Also anyone know if the Aer Lingus 767 will be in painted in Aer Lingus livery or not?

From what I heard it won't be completely painted. It will have white EI titles with the tail possibly painted.

Also, it may not show up on FR24 due to all of the Omni fleet being blocked. The speed and altitude will be shown, but not flight number, destination and reg.

Advertisement