Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shock sensor

Options
  • 23-01-2014 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Can you still get aritech GS613 shock/contact sensors?
    if so how much would they be roughly? I'm looking for one as a replacement, as all the other sensors are the same, I'd prefer replace like for like.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes they are still available. Around €15 . I'd prefer the newer 710/711

Aritech-GS711.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Ok,
    Any reason why the 710/711 are better
    Its not completely OCD that has me replacing like for like (just partly) but also because the molded holes in the base will be in the same place so might be simpler to replace like for like.

mine has the contact including shock sensor, I believe they are available with a blank for the shock, so looking for shock included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Koolkid has a thing for all things cool, thats why he prefers the profile of the 7 series ;).

Yes the GS613 sensors are still available (Thank God).

kub wrote: »
    Koolkid has a thing for all things cool, thats why he prefers the profile of the 7 series ;).

Yes the GS613 sensors are still available (Thank God).

:) ok, I see. but thank god?
    They do look a bit more modern and sleek than the 613
    (I was comparing the sensors from the reliable security website to see if there was some technical difference)
    the information shows the 711 are not as wide which could be a benefit as the problem sensor is on an ensuite and there is bugger all room to spare, but I'd kinda prefer the same sensor as is everywhere else in the house.

I'll ring somewhere from the sticky on suppliers and hopefully there wont be a problem supplying 1? :o

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I also find the 710/11 more reliable. Better sensor reliability and a much sturdier tamper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    I also find the 710/11 more reliable. Better sensor reliability and a much sturdier tamper.

I know what you are saying and I do appreciate their size when stuck, but they were just awful when Itec produced them and when they were called 333's. I know time has moved on, what I like about the 61 series is there is plenty of room within and the fact that when you need to change out a 20 year old sensor, all you have to do is change the guts and cover.

thanks for the advice all

Advertisement