Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering up a small tattoo

Options
  • 24-01-2014 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I've a small shoulder tattoo that I'm thinking of getting covered up. It's kind of a Ogham thing, sort of looks like this:
    willow.jpg

It's not big, only about 6 in by 2 in wide.

I'm thinking of a larger shoulder piece over it, and have seen some great cover ups online. Just want to know has anyone else experience with this,and where in Dublin would be good.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Who people suggest will all depend on what you plan on covering it with?

But be warned I'm guessing most artists you go to will suggest or even insist on a few laser treatments before covering it given it's Oghma style and I'd imagine it has some strong blacks in it which can make a cover up more difficult again depending on the piece you wishto cover it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Who people suggest will all depend on what you plan on covering it with?

But be warned I'm guessing most artists you go to will suggest or even insist on a few laser treatments before covering it given it's Oghma style and I'd imagine it has some strong blacks in it which can make a cover up more difficult again depending on the piece you wishto cover it with.

I was thinking a large celtic/biomechanical design over it. I have seen some great examples online and discussed it with a few artists who think that a cover could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

For biomech I'd look at Tomash in Hydraulix or Pawel in Skin City.

A tattoo can always be covered up but that doesn't mean the end result will be any good. As Marty said you will most likely need a couple of laser sessions, unless the ogham can somehow be incorporated into the design.

thanks guys I've talked to one artist already who advised me to imagine the area blank and think of what to put there, but where / how would you go about getting it lasered if I needed to? Still think a cover could work under certain designs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

MetalDog wrote: »
    thanks guys I've talked to one artist already who advised me to imagine the area blank and think of what to put there, but where / how would you go about getting it lasered if I needed to? Still think a cover could work under certain designs though.

A lot of the tattoo shops will perform lasering. The artist is dead on. Think of it as new tattoo and find a design and an artist you want. Then go and talk to them and they'll give you the best advice on what can or can't be done with the old tattoo.

• Advertisement

Has anyone experience of getting lasered in BodyShock in Temple Bar? where else would people reccommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Grayfoxy

MetalDog wrote: »
    Has anyone experience of getting lasered in BodyShock in Temple Bar? where else would people reccommend?

Zulu/Iconic Art, Patric does them there, I have never had a lazer session, but there are people always in getting it done by him

Advertisement