Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta 692

Options
  • 24-01-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I'm looking at the new beretta 692 sporter 30", what ye guys think?
    Does anyone have one or knows someone who does?
    There a lovely looking gun!!

a5225b725270bf853ce7cf71d2c89eda_zps48c05336.jpg

35282e2d3349f67f50474f352b94a053_zps0d0ed7ec.jpg

abcac81555b59f488d55c8fdd90ae962_zpsbe2e6d46.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Have not seen or even held one, but it's the successor to the 682. So going by that it'll be in the €3K or higher mark.

I'm liking the design and styling of it, but prefer darker timber myself. however if it's as good or better than the 682 then it's definitely a gun to aim for (no pun intended).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Yeah it looks good in fairness, the forcing cones are much longer than the 682 and it has made some other technical advances over the 682 rather than it just being another facelift model. It allegedly puts it closer in tech-spec to a DT11 than a 682. Courtlough have a few of them. They'll let you have a look and feel of one if you're interested in buying but I don't know where you might get a shot of one. They do look the business but I haven't heard and reviews from the lads in the club yet, I'll stick with my 682 Gold E for now 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Patrick Carley Firearms has one. I had a hold of it briefly. Very nice, pointable beautiful gun. Thats what you would expect from Beretta for the price.
    I will stick with the Gold e for now but lovely gun...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Wow that looks fantastic, real purposeful too. Just looks built to work and work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Thread over on Shotgunworld said it was basically a SV10 Prevail with a few cosmetic differences. Some weren't too thrilled about the rubber on the top lever either, questioned whether it would tear over time.

Prefer darker timber myself as Cass said. Some pics of the woodwork online make it look like they made the stock from floorboards;

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Beretta_Shotgun_692-Sporting_For-Sale_130410154419001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mac10guns

One of the lads got one recently and it is a nice piece of kit. He has the adjustable stock and 30" barrels. The adjustable stock is important as it shoots quite low (for me anyway). Swings beautifully and is very well balanced. I shoot a DT10 and found the 692 light in comparison (even though there is not much between them on paper). Still think I would prefer my DT10 for the extra weight.

Advertisement