Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWA & Jobseekers

Options
  • 24-01-2014 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I just need some clarification on the correct steps I should take in relation to applying for Job Seekers. Long story short I applied last year for Disability Allowance but new medication has improved my condition in the time while the claim was being processed. I feel I am able to return to work so I have withdrawn my DA application. I have been on Supplementary Welfare Allowance while my DA application was being processed.

Do I now go to the Community Welfare Officer and tell her I withdrew my application & she can take me off the Supplementary Allowance? Or is the procedure that I go tell her the situation and she waits until the JSA has been approved? Will the SWA payment automatically stop anyway without me doing anything since I withdrew the DA application?

Any insights or advice would be great
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Go make an application for jsa,, that will inform the other departments of your intentions, you should stay on swa until the jsa comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ms.Moxy

But if I do that won't it look like I am trying to claim both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you are awarded jsa then any monies paid by swa for the overlap period will be paid back to swa.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ms.Moxy

Oh right thanks for that

Advertisement