Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irregular/ no periods and ttc

Options
  • 24-01-2014 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,
    Just back from a visit to my doc and feeling disheartened. basically I have a long history of irregular/ no periods. My last being April 2013. However, much to our surprise we got pregnant in August 2013 but had a miscarriage at 7wks. Since I have been back and forth getting blood tests done etc. numerous blood tests were done with everything being clear only slight abnormality being a slightly lower DHEAS level of 1.8 umol/L ( ideally 2.2-7.9). All scans etc showed no problems. My doc is putting lack of periods down to exercise ( I am a jogger max 5km x 3 times a week) and swim perhaps max 2 times a week, not in anyway excessive. I am 28 years old.
    She has referred me to a gynaecologist in March. I'm thinking of bringing test results to another doc for second opinion as I feel she was using exercise as a cause because she is not sure of any other reason.
    Would love to hear from anyone with similar story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

Hi Niamh,

Have you tried FertilAid for Women? It is known to help restore hormonal balance and enhance fertility and regulate your periods. Also I'd suggest trying Ovulation Predictor sticks (Their very cheap online!)to tell you when you are ovulating. I've heard that you can still ovulate and still not get a period! It might also be a good idea to just ease down a bit with the exercising, by no means stop just ease down because I'm sure that will help a lot! Start taking a Prenatal vitamin now whilst your ttc. I also take Evening Primrose Oil it helps with CM. Yes by all means get a second opinion by another Doctor. I wish you all the best and lot's of Baby Dust to you!! Let us know how your getting on! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carol96

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone can be of help, I'm hoping to start on MicroLite contraceptive pill soon. I was told that you have to wait until you get your period to start it on the first day, however I don't receive regular periods and haven't had one in months. Does anyone know what I could do in this situation? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

carol96 wrote: »
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone can be of help, I'm hoping to start on MicroLite contraceptive pill soon. I was told that you have to wait until you get your period to start it on the first day, however I don't receive regular periods and haven't had one in months. Does anyone know what I could do in this situation? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you! :)
    Ask your doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement