Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge sending spam mail

Options
  • 24-01-2014 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

http://www.proofpoint.com/about-us/press-releases/01162014.php

The Internet of Things is upon us, and now you can expect household appliances to spam you for Canadian Pharmacy and Enlarge your manhood.

"Cyber criminals intent on stealing individual identities and infiltrating enterprise IT systems have found a target-rich environment in these poorly protected internet connected devices that may be more attractive and easier to infect and control than PC, laptops, or tablets"

What method can be used to increase security against hacking for TV's Fridges, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I'm installing custom ROMs for fridges, anyone? Based on the only trustworthy sustainable solution called Open Source! :)

P.S. Don't trust those guys selling you anti-viruses for fridges!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I suspect my toaster is infected. Used to be working fine but after this now all I get is this
    toast-feed.jpg

Advertisement