Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any Hammerli Xesse Licenced recently?

Options
  • 24-01-2014 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of a Hammerli Xesse having been licenced in the last few months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

dc99 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know of a Hammerli Xesse having been licenced in the last few months?

Yes.
    And as first time license to that girl, only 6 weeks to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Should be no issue getting a licence for an xesse, Its on the "magic list" !

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Thats what I thought.....

Have you been refused one??

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

that list means fcuk all i just got turned down for a 22a ,not refused but cant be considered!!!!! hi ho hi ho its back to court i go ,
    any one hear of this ???

• Advertisement

What reason was given for the 22a? Is it your first firearm cert? A pistol is generally not regarded as a good starter gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mike0907

Yes.
    Got license as it was on list.

cw67irl wrote: »
    What reason was given for the 22a? Is it your first firearm cert? A pistol is generally not regarded as a good starter gun!
    no i have 4 other firearms, shotgun, .22 .308x2
    have all other required info gone with app.
    just another way to piss me off [ cant have that thing!!!!!]

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

ntipptop wrote: »
    just another way to piss me off [ cant have that thing!!!!!]
    Surely they worded it differently in the refusal letter!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Handed my application for an Xesse on dec 14th. Still waiting.

There are rumours of changes in the regulation. I wonder if that's connected.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    Surely they worded it differently in the refusal letter!
    in my opion this is a restricted firearm and such i cannot consider you for licence under sect.30 bla bla bla

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

in my opion this is a restricted firearm
    Well, first things first, photocopy that and have your NGB send it on to the FPU along with the full description of your firearm and a copy of the application form, and the request that they point out that he's in error because it's not restricted.
    They have the ability to sort it quietly, with nobody losing face (and therefore things going faster than they would if you just went to court today).

ngb ??? sorry if its something stupid a bit tired now
    Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

ngb ???

National Governing Body.

If you're shooting smallbore pistols, odds are it's the NASRPC or the NTSA.

IRLConor wrote: »
    National Governing Body.

If you're shooting smallbore pistols, odds are it's the NASRPC or the NTSA.

Thanks, ya iknow it now as i said a bit tired, but thanks ill send it onto them and see what develops

Thanks for the help

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Thanks for the help

No problem. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

in my opion this is a restricted firearm and such i cannot consider you for licence under sect.30 bla bla bla

All .22 pistols are restricted unless you make it very clear to the Gardai that the magazines are restricted to 5 rounds. The Gardai usually want written proof from a gun dealer. I know a couple of people who were refused because they didn't put in documentation about the magazines being restricted to 5 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rugermk3

I got refused a smith & wesson 617 because they didn't like the idea of blocking the chambers , they said it was to easy to unblock , so I went for a 1911 and got reused because it wasn't on the magical list as another user called it and because they said it was to military looking hahaha , still waiting to hear about the ruger mk3

BattleCorp wrote: »
    All .22 pistols are restricted unless you make it very clear to the Gardai that the magazines are restricted to 5 rounds. The Gardai usually want written proof from a gun dealer. I know a couple of people who were refused because they didn't put in documentation about the magazines being restricted to 5 rounds.

I made it very clear, plus the pistol was already licensed in a diff. county as non-restricted , i wrote a letter stateing this plus had letter from gun smith stateing that it was restricted to 5 rds, it is total bs what there at, they keep changing the rules if they done this to criminals i would love to see the headlines !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I made it very clear, plus the pistol was already licensed in a diff. county as non-restricted , i wrote a letter stateing this plus had letter from gun smith stateing that it was restricted to 5 rds, it is total bs what there at, they keep changing the rules if they done this to criminals i would love to see the headlines !!!!!!!

They are arguing now that if you went and bought a non-restricted pistol with the limited 5 round magazines, you could also buy in from germany or the us etc a new 10 round magazine and use that, thereby breaking the law.

• Advertisement

Exactly rowa, now alot of us drive a car,jeep,van, truck, that is well capable of going faster than some speed limit, so should we not allow automobiles on the roads as the can do more than what the powers that be want ????? plus do these automobiles cause a serious risk to the public after all they have injured or killed far more than any gun!!! { i must get the stats for it]
    Is common sense gone in this country , i like most others , am in favour of gun control!! but its not the inocent that needs to be controlled, if they saved all the wasted monies on unwinnable cases and put it into preventing crime the country would be better served
    rant over for the mo.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Did you submit a letter from a gun dealer telling them that the magazine has been restricted to only hold 5 rounds?

A 22A is a restricted firearm unless the mags have been plugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Regarding this issue of purchasing magazines from Germanythat are not plugged.

How many people have beenn founnd to have 10rd magazines and been prosecuted??

Its also like picking up your new car and collecting a book of prefilled out speeding fines, one for every time you pass AGS :-)

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Did you submit a letter from a gun dealer telling them that the magazine has been restricted to only hold 5 rounds?

A 22A is a restricted firearm unless the mags have been plugged.

Yes i did submit paperwork from the gun smith/dealer and also a letter stated that i had the old grant letters and an old license, showing that it was licenced as a non-restricted pistol
    alot of firearms out there are restricted untill mags etc. are blocked or restricted to take a lesser amount of ammuniation
    , this also applies to shotguns

Advertisement