Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with D1000 Modem

Options
  • 24-01-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

About 3 months ago I had a problem with dropping WIFI on an Eircom modem. They sent me out a new one, the D1000 and I have had no issues - until last night.

I have 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, 1 Apple TV and 1 Toshiba Excite logged in and the WIFI would drop.

I took everything off and it would work until I added the Toshiba Excite. Every time I tried this, the WIFI would fall over.

I turned it off/on - I reset it - I unplugged everything and restarted. All to no avail.

Any ideas or help from anyone who has seen similar issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

boccy23 wrote: »
    About 3 months ago I had a problem with dropping WIFI on an Eircom modem. They sent me out a new one, the D1000 and I have had no issues - until last night.

I have 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, 1 Apple TV and 1 Toshiba Excite logged in and the WIFI would drop.

I took everything off and it would work until I added the Toshiba Excite. Every time I tried this, the WIFI would fall over.

I turned it off/on - I reset it - I unplugged everything and restarted. All to no avail.

So the Wifi is fine running with the 4 other devices but once you connect the Toshiba Excite it drops out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭boccy23

Yes. That's what happened.

So I took the Excite to work today to try on another network and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Yes. That's what happened.

So I took the Excite to work today to try on another network and it works fine.

It might be causing interference ( Toshiba Excite ) with the router . Have you tried just connecting the T E first to the Wifi , then adding each device one by one .

Wi-Fi Radio Interference

Radio signals from various consumer electronic products can interfere with Wi-Fi wireless network signals. For example, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, garage door openers and microwave ovens can each take down a Wi-Fi network connection when powered on. You can move your network equipment or (on home networks) change some Wi-Fi radio settings to avoid this problem.

Also consider this although it shouldn't be a problem . Maybe too many devices running & connecting to the Wifi network at the same time is causing it to crash
    Overloading / Overheating the Wireless Access Point

Owners of some wireless routers (and other types of wireless access points) have reported dropped connections during times of heavy network utilization. This can occur during, for example, online gaming or while copying large files. Routers can in theory become overloaded with too much data and fail temporarily. If a router's temperature increases too much, it may also fail until cooled. Install routers (access points) in places with good airflow. Exchange the router for a different unit if the current one doesn't support your usage patterns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi boccy23

The advice from Lennyzip is really good -  I probably couldn't have said it better myself :)

To check if the interference is causing the issues you can contact technical support while all the devices are connected (including the Excite) as they can run a test for interference.

Technical support can be contacted on free phone 1901 (enter your number when requested by the automatic voice and then chose options 3 then 2 when prompted).

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭boccy23

Cheers guys.

I will try these later and let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Cheers guys.

I will try these later and let you know.
    No worries boccy23

Al

Advertisement