Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily lower limit exceeded for the payment.

Options
  • 24-01-2014 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I need to transfer 3k to my father, so i add this account by mobile phone confirmation which has a limit of 3k. but when i go to make the transfer i get the following message
    "Daily lower limit exceeded for the payment."

does paying my CC and transfer between my accounts also contribute to the 3k daily allowance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi dshakey.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

There are two payee limits online, payee's activated by text message have a shared transfer limit of 3k and the payee's activated by post have a transfer limit of 20k. These limits are per working day and transfers requested over the weekend will be calculated as part as Monday limit. Own account transfers are not part of these limits.

Paying your credit card and transferring funds to your father will both contribute to the 3k daily limit, if both these accounts have been activated by text message. If you would like to increase this daily limit you can delete the payee details and set them up again, this time requesting for the activation code to be sent to your address on file.

Hope this helps to clarify things for you.
    If we can help with anything else, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Hi
    I have a similar query.  I set up a payee to transfer €4500 to.  Transferred 3k yesterday and want to transfer the balance today - I was not able to do this this morning. Is today not the next working day or do I have to wait 24hrs to be able to transfer the balance?
    There are no other transfers from my account pending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi ifeelstupid, [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks for getting in contact with us here on boards.ie. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]When you make a transfer of your daily limit on a banking day after the cut off time of 3.30pm, you will be unable to make a subsequent payment until the limit refreshes after 3.30pm the following working day. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]From reading your post we are assuming that that you made your transfer of E3,000 yesterday after 3.30pm. This would explain why you were unable to make the remainder E1,500 transfer this morning. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]We hope this helps. We have included this link which provides extra information on transfer limits, cut of times and how to increase the daily limits. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks, [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman", "serif]Elaine[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Hi ifeelstupid,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on boards.ie.

When you make a transfer of your daily limit on a banking day after the cut off time of 3.30pm, you will be unable to make a subsequent payment until the limit refreshes after 3.30pm the following working day.

From reading your post we are assuming that that you made your transfer of E3,000 yesterday after 3.30pm. This would explain why you were unable to make the remainder E1,500 transfer this morning.

We hope this helps. We have included this link which provides extra information on transfer limits, cut of times and how to increase the daily limits.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Thanks Elaine
    The transfer was after 3.30pm yesterday so I will just wait it out until later this afternoon. 

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

I transferred money on Saturday so now I am getting the same message today. My account is dating these transactions as today (do online banking systems only work Mon-Fri??). When can I transfer money again - after 3:30 today or 3:30 tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

LeoD wrote: »
    I transferred money on Saturday so now I am getting the same message today. My account is dating these transactions as today (do online banking systems only work Mon-Fri??). When can I transfer money again - after 3:30 today or 3:30 tomorrow?
    Hi LeoD,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Where payments are requested on, or scheduled for a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday, these payments will be processed on the next working day and will be subject to the limit for that working day.

Your limit will reset after 3.30pm today, see here for more information on 365 transfers.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement