Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare to Newbridge buses

Options
  • 24-01-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello

Just wondering what people would recommend for best value for money buses wise when travelling from kildare town to newbridge for work, I know the green bus is 2euro a trip, is there another service that would work out cheaper with weekly tickets or another type of ticket?

I've never had to commute before, complete noob when it comes to buses and fares.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

A relatively new service, K-Coach, travels from Monasterevin to Naas hospital, stopping in Kildare, Newbridge and Naas town, €2 per journey. It's run by Glen Whelan from Newbridge. I noticed that he was being a bit clever by getting to each stop 10 or 15 minutes before the green bus. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

The green bus (Dublin Coach) and Whelan's are the cheapest. Two euro to Newbridge or Nass. It is € 4:10 ( I think) to Newbridge on Bus Eireann. Of the three Dublin Coach is more frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

Yeh I priced bus eireann on their website n it was crazy the price difference! Will definitely be staying away from them if I can. Is anyone familiar with kildare towns bus stops? We're moving to the ruanbeg area and I noticed a bus stop on the way into town, before the square, does the green bus stop at this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

obnicc wrote: »
    Yeh I priced bus eireann on their website n it was crazy the price difference! Will definitely be staying away from them if I can. Is anyone familiar with kildare towns bus stops? We're moving to the ruanbeg area and I noticed a bus stop on the way into town, before the square, does the green bus stop at this one?

It stops at the bus stop in the square and the one outside the old barracks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Just an update.

Dublin Coach (The Green Bus) have started running the service for €1 between Monasterevin-Kildare-Newbridge-Naas. You can find out more information on their own website.

http://www.dublincoach.ie/

I think the timetables are there too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement