Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone from eBay

• 24-01-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I really want an iPhone but can't afford one at the moment. I live in the UK for now and someone said eBay is a really good place to get a decent used or reconditioned one. Does anyone have experience of buying an iPhone there and secondly, what is the difference between an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 4S? Any help very welcome, thank you!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

I recently got an iphone 5 for someone from thiscrowd.

It was listed as 'Grade B'. Was in excellent condition. Came with cable, but didnt include charger (as stated).

Just be careful as not all the phones they sell are unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thank you for that Mad Dog - I'm only looking at unlocked phones. Do you know where I could locate a Grade Guide so I can see what each Grade means?

Another question, if I buy an unlocked iPhone here can it still be used with an Irish SIM or is it simply unlocked to any UK network?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

If its factory unlocked by apple then it will be unlocked to all networks regardless of country.

Theres a grade guide on their listings (under faq).
    Grade A+ These mobile phones or tablets have been fully examined, tested and refurbished to the highest standard and you would be hard pressed to tell that they are not brand new.
    Grade A Grade A mobile phones or tablets to be in good condition. Keypads, screens etc will be in good overall condition, may show very light marks and a minimal amount of wear from everyday use.
    Grade B Grade B mobile phones or tablets will show a few more signs of wear than the Grade A items and will have a few more visible scratches or wear.
    Grade C Grade C mobile phones or tablets will contain heavy signs of wear and tear which may include deeper scratches, blemishes and cosmetic damage, however the phone or tablet itself will still be totally fully working.
    Grade D Grade D mobile phones or tablets will have faults or be useful for spare parts only, the faults and description will be listed within the item description.

I ordered a grade B, and it more like an 'A'. Hard to distinguish from new. I had read through some of their feedback, and most people posted similar experiences.

Wow, that's really helpful thanks. Regardless of all the reviews, it's always good to hear about someone who had a good experience first-hand. I'll keep a close eye on their stock, thank you for all your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I've an iPhone 4 I'm selling if you're interested.

I know this isn't adverts.ie but it's just sitting in my house unused.

• Advertisement

Will PM you, thank you!

Advertisement