Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Options
  • 24-01-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,
    I am looking to get Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for myself and my wife as it is required by INIS if my wife wanted to exercises her EU Treaty Rights. But the thing is i am not able to find any info on insurance providers website and i don't know what things should insurance cover provide (i.e day to day medical expenses, GP visits or some fancy high-tech hospitals) to be qualified as C.S. I. I don't mind having excess in the range of 500-100 as i won't be claiming from my insurance.I am looking for the cheapest option available, which can be considered as a C.S. I. I will be 26 in 6months and she is 25 year old now.
    So please share your experience and try to help me out on this issue
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Based on the Form EU1 Explanatory Leaflet (posting from phone so I can't link), it seems to be a standard Irish health insurance plan. This would be the type provided by VHI, Laya, Glo, etc. The leaflet doesn't suggest if you need to have day to day cover as well, so you might need to confirm with INIS before you take out a policy.

All policies can be compared at www.hia.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bob.thebuilder

That's the problem, INIS should have said that get a health insurance but they went for some fancy name i.e Comprehensive Sickness Insurance.Anyway i will send them email on monday to get more clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Momoh

Hi bob.thebuilder,

Did you get any clarification from INIS? I am currently in this exact situation and would like to know as well cause I plan to buy the cheapest insurance I can get for me and my husband but would hate for INIS to reject it for not being comprehensive sickness insurance and then I'm stuck with paying for a contract I probably won't use and may have to end up getting another one. I would love to know what your solution was.

Advertisement