Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siren in Ranelagh area ?

Options
  • 24-01-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who it is that lets off the siren every day at exactly 12pm ? It could be anywhere within two miles it is so loud. Classic air raid style.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Always wondered about that myself, it went off a few minutes ago. Hear it loud and clear in the City Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Guessing its probably the army barracks in rathmines

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Always wondered about that myself, it went off a few minutes ago. Hear it loud and clear in the City Centre

I heard the same one and decided to ask :D It's a bit bloody unnecessary in this day and age ...

Guessing its probably the army barracks in rathmines

Really ? I was assuming some manufacturing company. I always associate it with that kind of thing.

Hope we can narrow it down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

There's a siren thats tested at 12 every Friday which is what I presume people are talking about?

I am not aware of one going off every day

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

It's the barracks in Rathmines.

And there is also one that goes off at Dublin Port that you can hear in town, but you're probably hearing the one in Rathmines from Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

As above, it's probably from Cathal Brugha Bks in Rathmines. To ensure the siren works for Bks stand-to, it's tested once weekly on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

It's the army barracks in Rathmines. They test the siren every Friday at 12 noon.

tomboylady wrote: »
    It's the army barracks in Rathmines. They test the siren every Friday at 12 noon.

Wow .. ok .... so it's not every day :) just my imagination..

In case of ..... insurrection ? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Piliger wrote: »
    Wow .. ok .... so it's not every day :) just my imagination..

In case of ..... insurrection ? :cool:

Bks/Camp standing orders on testing response of feet on ground along with accessing/using necessary items, incl fire-fighting equipment, defence covers all scenarios, LOL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement