Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle cappers

Options
  • 24-01-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi I am deciding if I should buy another capper as my last twin handled capper refused to cap after only 5 batches,anyone using a bench top capper?are they less fussy on which bottles they will cap?looking at the bench capper homebrew west have or else will use the money to buy more pet bottles

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I don't have one, but yeah: AFAIK a bench capper will cap pretty much anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Also bench cappers allow you to change the head which allows you to cap different sizes of bottles. Sometimes necessary if you are using fancy Belgian bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭flanaganred

Looks like the bench capper is the way to go,have collected a selection of bottles,although the bad memory of trying to cap my last batch is still fresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Bench capper is twice as fast, if not faster too

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭flanaganred

Faster is definitely good when it comes to bottling,although after research on the net corny kegs look very appealing for the future

• Advertisement
Advertisement