Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday night out in Laois

• 24-01-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

Looking for somewhere to go/do this evening in or around Portlaoise & surrounds
    Perhaps not just the usual pub and music. Can drive.
    Anything going on? Or recommend a nice place to eat.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Friday evening portlaoise hmm :rolleyes: you say dont want to go to pub. I suppose the best of a bad lot then might be the Cinema few good movies out at moment. The Wolf of Wall Street very good seen last night & was sold out ;) 12 Years a Slave meant to be 1 to watch also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Looking for somewhere to go/do this evening in or around Portlaoise & surrounds
    Perhaps not just the usual pub and music. Can drive.
    Anything going on? Or recommend a nice place to eat.
    Thanks
    To be honest, Portlaoise doesn't have a huge deal going for nighttime entertainment that isn't your usual pub/club scene. There are a couple of nice places to eat, I like Seasons, it's tucked away at the corner of the top square. Mayur is also very good, on Main St. Cinema/theater might have something on. Apart from that, can't really think of many places that suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

[QUOTE=Cydoniac;88641151]To be honest, Portlaoise doesn't have a huge deal going for nighttime entertainment that isn't your usual pub/club scene. There are a couple of nice places to eat, I like Seasons, it's tucked away at the corner of the top square. Mayur is also very good, on Main St. Cinema/theater might have something on. Apart from that, can't really think of many places that suit.[/QUOTE]

Where in Ireland does really:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Thanks for the replies.
    We debated whether to go and see Neil Delamere but I didn't get home til half seven. Ended up with a late dinner and then - yes, off to the pub.
    Actually had good craic (& a lot of beer) - I think there may even have been dancing.

Anyone any info about the Laois toastmasters?
    I'd love to get involved with something like a supper club if such a thing exists.

Advertisement