Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision 2014

Options
  • 24-01-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

My partner is a Eurovision nut and I would love to bring him away to it this year, but where is the best place to buy tickets online for the event? We would probably just go to the second semi-final. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

LadyBetty wrote: »
    My partner is a Eurovision nut and I would love to bring him away to it this year, but where is the best place to buy tickets online for the event? We would probably just go to the second semi-final. Any ideas?

There are 3 separate sales.

First sale was November 29th.

Next sale is on January 31st at 10.00 CET which is 9 am Irish time.I think you will get tickets for the second semi final easy enough alright if on at 9am. :)

Third sale is in April so don't lose heart if you dont get tickets for the second sale on January 31st. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Thanks for that ConcertKing, just booked the tickets this evening using the link given by sabrewulf!

It said "Few Tickets Remaining" for the second semi-final, and the final dress rehearsal & final itself were marked as "Waiting list", but I didn't realise they would release more tickets Jan. 31st & April.

Flights are fine but accommodation was difficult enough to get, costing an arm & a leg, but it should be worth it. My partner is going to FREAK OUT when he realises, it's his birthday next week & I can hardly wait to tell him!

LadyBetty wrote: »
    Thanks for that ConcertKing, just booked the tickets this evening using the link given by sabrewulf!

It said "Few Tickets Remaining" for the second semi-final, and the final dress rehearsal & final itself were marked as "Waiting list", but I didn't realise they would release more tickets Jan. 31st & April.

Flights are fine but accommodation was difficult enough to get, costing an arm & a leg, but it should be worth it. My partner is going to FREAK OUT when he realises, it's his birthday next week & I can hardly wait to tell him!

Ah am delighted for you. :)

Try here for an apartment as you will save a fortune but read reviews of a place before you book.You will save a packet here rath than book a hotels. :)

https://www.airbnb.com

Am going as well for my first Eurovision.Is gonna be amazing!!!!!

Just have to pray Ireland get out of the second semi final now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Ah really, that's deadly, yeah fingers crossed for Ireland getting through! I am not as much of a fan as himself but still looking forward to it.

Thanks for the link, it looks like good value to be had after all, I have booked a nice looking hostel but still pricey, I will have a look at the apartments instead now, ta!

• Advertisement

Ha I would be like your fella ha.Will be some laugh over there though.

Couldn't stay in a hostel.That site is definitely the way to go.

Am sure you will find somewhere nice there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Any luck on getting final tickets? I am currently in the presale queue. They were having technical difficulties...been waiting for an hour and a half.

Niamhf wrote: »
    Any luck on getting final tickets? I am currently in the presale queue. They were having technical difficulties...been waiting for an hour and a half.

Exact same problem as original sale and still hasn't been resolved!!

Am snapping here!!

Same as, I'm still in the queue. I don't know whether to log out at this stage...

Same as, I'm still in the queue. I don't know whether to log out at this stage...

Am losing the will to live.

Anyone who cribs about ticketmaster should try and buy tickets off this jokeshop company!! :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

I'm trying to Google and see if there's any forums on it or live chat help...no luck!

I'm trying to Google and see if there's any forums on it or live chat help...no luck!

They commented on their facebook page round 90 mins ago and have said nothing since. :(

I just had a look there, seems that everyone is having the same problem...just read that some people have a problem that when they get through they are told that their number has already been used...

Any joy @ConcertKing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Russia are this years winners

You heard it here first

The pre-sale has been canceled until tomorrow at 1pm our time

The pre-sale has been canceled until tomorrow at 1pm our time

Seen that.Some joke outfit they are!! :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

just got in after 30min, no tickets left for the final, says waiting list. not sure what that means/how to get on the list

Yeah, I got in too...no joy trying to get Finals tickets...have the two semi final tix.

Joined the queue, was in the countdown for 30 mins until it opened, was told I'd be assigned a random place in the line....I was randomly assigned last in the queue after waiting for 30 mins....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

My wife got tickets for the jury final on Friday night all acts take place in this one. She booked an apartment you could book accommodation in Malmo it's cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Pilou Asbæk co-hosting the event this year, consider me in!

Hi all,

Has anyone here had any experience before of buying tickets for the final when over there? I see some floating around on Viagogo but they are so expensive!

Advertisement