Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Define a rest day

Options
  • 24-01-2014 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Doing the Don Fink program for Roth , and with work Family things its hard to get all the sessions in , in terms of a rest day , is it defined as a period of hours or just a day off

Saturday for example is the only day I can get my 3rd swim in for the week , its 8:15-9:15 , next time ill train is 8/9am Sunday Morning , 24hours , is that a rest day ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

A rest day for some is a 45 minute run and an easy spin on the bike.

For others its sitting on the sofa not moving.

Whatever works for you is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

A rest day for me sometimes consists of an easy technique orientated swim - balance drills, sculling drills, catch up. etc wearing fins with some easy 100's to finish - no kick heavy drills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Eating ice cream and shoving popcorn up your nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

A rest day for me is much the same as a training day. Couch, cup of tea and some TV.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It depends on you. Active recovery might work, so you never really take a day 'off' you just have a low impact day every x amount of days. If you find you don't recover easily you might take a complete no training day regularly. (What regularly means is up to you).

But if I high level of training is a new thing I recommend having a day off every so often more for the mental rather than physical break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

mental rest day or phsical rest day ?
    mental rest day no training.
    physical rest day, light training for faster recovery .

the reality
    a trainings day with a 10 hour sleep
    can be more of a recovery day than a superstressful rest day with 3 hours sleep and no training....

Advertisement