Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown Debit on my account

Options
  • 24-01-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi, 

I have an unknown deduction from my account dated the 20th Jan, I am not able to remember any such process carried out by me and I'm racking my brain and still can't figure it out. Is is possible to find out what it was for and to whom as it only appears as 20 Jan debit card on my banking 365.

Joe 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It could be a debit card charge which can be incurred when
    buying certain goods and services online.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jack Joll

chicorytip wrote: »
    It could be a debit card charge which can be incurred when
    buying certain goods and services online.
    Not with the value of the deduction €145, I'd surely have remembered carrying out that purchase, usually it states on 365 who the payment went to but as I said it just said 20JanDebit. 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Skoochie

Would you have taxed your car? Thats how much mine was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dont remember carrying out a purchase Friday for half the amount, and I don't have a car at the minute so it wasn't Tax! Funny, I train alot for sport, and it requires me to record my day through a diary and I looked back over it to jog my memory and nothing. Just a cycle to work to home sort of day, if I was out and about it might be different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Jack Joll[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can find more information on this transaction.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] As we have no account access here, it will be best to call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or 00353 140 44000. Can we ask you to have your card with you on the call? A representative will be more than happy to provide you with the additional information you require.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Representatives are available now. Please see here for the full list of representative hours.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Jack Joll[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can find more information on this transaction.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] As we have no account access here, it will be best to call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or 00353 140 44000. Can we ask you to have your card with you on the call? A representative will be more than happy to provide you with the additional information you require.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Representatives are available now. Please see here for the full list of representative hours.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]
    Alison, 

Thanks Ill have to wait until I finish work and go home, I left my wallet at home today unfortunately. 

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Jack Joll,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We hope this is resolved for you as soon as possible. Have a great weekend.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

Advertisement