Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead 3

Options
  • 24-01-2014 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey guys, thought I start the discussion about L4D 3, hope you all played previous versions of this game. So any ideas what will happen in L4D 3 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I hope there's zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw I thought L4D 3 was announced and the excitement led to the thread title :( It hasn't been announced has it?

L4D 1 was the best multiplayer game I have ever played. L4D 2 just didn't have the same addictiveness for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well if it's half as good as HL3 ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Left4Dead 2 was good fun, but it was just more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nothing will happen Valve's HQ is built on an ancient Indian burial ground which means they can't even complete a trilogy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Loved the 1st 2 games, but is there a need for another? Unless they drastically change a near perfect co-op formula I don't think so. I'd love a next gen one but I would not be willing to play it if it's the same game different setting.

I think they should move on a bit to .... maybe not call it left 4 dead even.... but something like DayZ mixed with how Borderlands did co-op. I would love to see valve so something like that

The original L4D team are behind Evolve are they not? That's kind of left 4 dead 3 in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Whats the point in discussing this when we have no idea if its ever even going to be made?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pfff, I want to know what they have planned for Left 4 Dead 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

calex71 wrote: »
    Loved the 1st 2 games, but is there a need for another? Unless they drastically change a near perfect co-op formula I don't think so. I'd love a next gen one but I would not be willing to play it if it's the same game different setting.

I think they should move on a bit to .... maybe not call it left 4 dead even.... but something like DayZ mixed with how Borderlands did co-op. I would love to see valve so something like that

The original L4D team are behind Evolve are they not? That's kind of left 4 dead 3 in my eyes.

One of my first thoughts when I played dayz was how much I would love a developer like valve to make a game like it... it could be amazing.

Honestly tho, I don't think we can expect more of the same from whatever valves next game is. It'll probably be the first game they make on source 2.. so I'm sure they'll want to show it off to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Why did this series never come to playstation? Always wanted to play it, suppose i could pick it up for my laptop. Are the servers still full?

Just checked it's still 20 quid on Steam, thought it would be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya would absolutely love it on ps3 or ps4. Yeah m & k would have better controls but I think the main reason I didn't enjoy l4d 2 much was that I was playing it on my laptop with agammy graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Always thought I'd like some kind of barricade mechanic in the game. The ability to board up windows and doors to buy yourself more time. I suppose that would be counter to what Valve always intended for all their maps, ie there is no safe place to stall in the game. I dont know, maybe some kind of weak barricade feature might add some fun to the game. Would love to have to hammer in nails or weld up a steel door ala Aliens! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

MadYaker wrote: »
    Whats the point in discussing this when we have no idea if its ever even going to be made?

They have said that they will make L4D3, although no date or timeframe mentioned. I reckon Half Life 3 will come before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw I thought L4D 3 was announced and the excitement led to the thread title :( It hasn't been announced has it?

L4D 1 was the best multiplayer game I have ever played. L4D 2 just didn't have the same addictiveness for me.

i think a lot of people thought the same thing, i know i did anyway. Might also be why they reintroduced the old L4D maps and characters after a while.

Also, there was an unofficial mention of L4D3 last year when some visitor to th steam HQ got a picture of something or other on their phone that related to it.. although again, unofficial and could be bullshít too. I don't think valve denied it was in development either though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Elessar

From what I've read about Valve, they have a unique culture where people get to work on whatever project they want, and change projects as much as they want, all the time. Seems they are lacking clear leadership and objectives. Letting your best staff quit one project halfway through to go work on some inane new idea means HL3 and L4D3 never get made.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Apparent leak of Valve slides showing images of the L4D2 plantation level reconstruted in the Source 2 engine.

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/source-2-left-4-dead-2-prototype-screenshots-leaked.244266/

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I wonder if valve will announce a release date for left 4 dead 3.

Some seem to think it will be soon enough:

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/33761/20140819/left-4-dead-3-release-date.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Still nothing concrete on this, but have found myself playing L4D2 a lot the last week or so and there are still loads playing it, haven't been stuck for a game yet!

All that said though, I'd still like to see a 3rd one.
    http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/115827/20140923/left-4-dead-3-release-date.htm

Advertisement