Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus service going running through Fota?

Options
  • 24-01-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

We are just looking at renting a house around Belvelly (Fota) and was just looking into see if a bus service ran through from Cobb to Cork city centre.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Hi

We are just looking at renting a house around Belvelly (Fota) and was just looking into see if a bus service ran through from Cobb to Cork city centre.

thanks

There should be plenty of bus services from cobh to the city. Id imagine they would be fairly regular.
    Theres also a train going from cobh to the city with a stop inside fota itself. It stops on the edge of the city and is probably a 10min walk to the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

.red. wrote: »
    There should be plenty of bus services from cobh to the city. Id imagine they would be fairly regular.
    Theres also a train going from cobh to the city with a stop inside fota itself. It stops on the edge of the city and is probably a 10min walk to the centre of town.

Funnily enough, I've never seena bus aith Cobh as a destination. Can't seem to select it on the bus eireann website either. Then again, maybe I'm a bit thick at this hour of the day on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HooperCurran

yep I was looking and could not see one so was wondering if it was just me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

No bus. Train is fairly regular though, albeit a decent walk to the far side of Fota from Belvelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

I would say the train service is regular so a bus service couldn't compete.

• Advertisement
Advertisement