Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for POS system for small business

Options
  • 24-01-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We are a photography gallery and are looking to implement a POS system to our shop. We have looked at many online but am not sure if we can fit properly into one. We will not use barcodes as we have many products, so will prefer a system computer based where we can search for products by their title.

Does anyone have experience with these systems?

We are a single terminal, need a cash drawer and receipt printer.

Thanks in advance!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

I use the POS www.erply.com in my restaurant. Single user is free, you use either PC or laptop or tablet and get yourself a receipt printer. If you sell small amount you can actually use a normal printer.
    If you want to see how it's working come to see me and i show you. My restaurant is called Worscht and it is Georges Street Arcade, Dublin 2.
    Cheers Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Sorry. I don't know why these multiple posts. Cheers Oliver

If you use the back icon/button on a tablet (or phone I assume) after you post and you have a boards tab open ,even if its hours later, it re-posts your post. Bit of a pain, though there is a delete option if you cop the mistake. Saves looking like your attention seeking which as business people we would never be :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I started using www.getpose.com yesterday after trying it out in test mode for a week very impressed so far it is cloud based but does work offline as well and it runs on anything that you can install Chrome on I have been using it on my phone and even on that it runs really well. You get a one month free trial of the full version then its $45 a month. I have 271 items on it at the moment and it searches through them instantly a lot quicker than the previous system we used which was local based. My old receipt printer & cash drawer worked with it no problem too. We often do events outside the shop so its handy being able to process sales out and about and you have the option to email the receipt instead of print so the customer still gets a receipt even if you are in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 andysl

jimmii wrote: »
    I started using www.getpose.com yesterday after trying it out in test mode for a week very impressed so far it is cloud based but does work offline as well and it runs on anything that you can install Chrome on I have been using it on my phone and even on that it runs really well. You get a one month free trial of the full version then its $45 a month. I have 271 items on it at the moment and it searches through them instantly a lot quicker than the previous system we used which was local based. My old receipt printer & cash drawer worked with it no problem too. We often do events outside the shop so its handy being able to process sales out and about and you have the option to email the receipt instead of print so the customer still gets a receipt even if you are in the middle of nowhere.

Interesting. It looks good, however all their websites look good :P
    Thanks for the post.

Can you tell me what model hardware you are using (cash drawer, receipt printer)??

Thanks
    Andy

andysl wrote: »
    Interesting. It looks good, however all their websites look good :P
    Thanks for the post.

Can you tell me what model hardware you are using (cash drawer, receipt printer)??

Thanks
    Andy

Its all stuff I picked up for next to nothing on eBay. The receipt printer is Epson TM-T88V Model M244A in terms of the cash drawer as long as its connected via the printer then it will work. The UI is very good on the system the company founder worked in design beforehand so it was always going to look quite slick! I trialled a few different bits of POS software before going with POSE and although they were all good POSE was a lot easier to use and has a lot more customer management features than any of the other software which is something I am definitely going to take advantage of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Point to remember is whatever system you use must comply with the below.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/leaflets/cash-registers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Currently looking at installing this for a guy I help out who has two stores.

Seems very good for a small/medium volume business, with some great functionality for accessing reporting etc. Belfast based company I believe.

AirPOS

ImDave wrote: »
    Currently looking at installing this for a guy I help out who has two stores.

Seems very good for a small/medium volume business, with some great functionality for accessing reporting etc. Belfast based company I believe.

AirPOS

Looks really good! Great price too! Missed that when trying out others shame could well have been the one I went for nice to have it based local.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

I've used vendHQ for the past 2 years, they run a great POS, very easy to setup, low monthly fees and works offline.

http://www.vendhq.com

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

turbo wrote: »
    I've used vendHQ for the past 2 years, they run a great POS, very easy to setup, low monthly fees and works offline.

http://www.vendhq.com

+1 for Vend very good system links with Shopify if you want to sell online and Xero for accounting purposes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

no12 wrote: »
    +1 for Vend very good system links with Shopify if you want to sell online and Xero for accounting purposes:

I +1 the Xero integration. It makes life so much easier

Advertisement