Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeze dried raspberries

Options
  • 24-01-2014 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

....anyone know where they can be purchased in Dublin? I'm making raspberry brownies, and don't particularly want to dig through a box of Special K for the dried berries!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're more likely to get helpful replies here in the Dublin City forum.

Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Can you not use fresh raspberries, on sale in every supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Can you not use fresh raspberries, on sale in every supermarket?

They're too wet, they'll mush to nothing in the brownie mix. I have fresh raspberries for the top :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

*possibly* in Fallon & Byrne, they have crystallised violets in their baking section so might have those as well. If not then Decobake, Kitchen Complements & Stock would be where I'd try

(On an un-asked for note: I've always found fresh raspberries worked well in brownies. I've made these raspberry blondies a few times and the raspberries always held up well. Although I'd imagine freeze dried ones would add a deliciousness)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'll try there next time I'm in town. For now, I actually have a box of Special K so I'll retrieve a few from there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

They are nigh on impossible to get cos I needed them around this time last year. You can order them online from the uk though.
    I can't imagine they would add much to a brownie mix and have always found them to be more of a nice garnish. Be better of using fresh

ETA, they are also really expensive to mix in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Aldi have Frozen Raspberries if thats any use to you. Might retain their consistency during the mixing.

Advertisement