Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 Iron Sight

Options
  • 24-01-2014 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

As the add said looking for an rear iron sight for a Cooey model 75 .22 bolt action rifle. If anyone knows who might have one or could make one i have the original but its worn away. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Brazzill wrote: »
    As the add said looking for an rear iron sight for a Cooey model 75 .22 bolt action rifle. If anyone knows who might have one or could make one i have the original but its worn away. Thanks in advance

Is this the part?

They ship internationally.

They have the bolt and screw too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

ya i was going to order off this site last week but it says "Ireland - Req import permit" so i dont think i can get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Brazzill wrote: »
    ya i was going to order off this site last week but it says "Ireland - Req import permit" so i dont think i can get it!

Have you tried ringing the import-export office? The procedure, as explained to me, appeared quite painless and fast. The parts you are looking for seem quite straightforward. It is not as if you are looking to bring in a gun, ammo, night vision, or something questionable.

Perhaps, someone that has gone through the procedure could throw their $0.02 in?

You may even try ringing the Firearms Policy Unit and seeing if they can be sent directly to you. However, Numrich may require more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

If you have a license for this firearm, I presume you do. Then getting an import license for a replacement part is easy, you apply to the dept of justice, about 2 weeks you will get your import license and this service is for free. I have just done this for a spare barrell.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

You don't need import permits for sights (except for NV/laser stuff) since they're not licensable items.

The other country might require export permits from their side but you don't need anything from the Irish DoJ/Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

i will just send them an email altogether and ask them is it me or them that need the permit. its for a friend he has the firearm licensed.

Advertisement