Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XC Running Shoes for Beginners

Options
  • 24-01-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what are the best value cross country runners on the market for male adults only beginning in this particular exercise field (pardon the pun).

Are there any sales on anywhere.....would only want to spend €80 max?

My friend suggested Salomon Speedcross but I know these are more expensive than I can afford. If money were no object are these the best out there? Would be mountain terrain I would be running on.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Hi all,

Just wondering what are the best value cross country runners on the market for male adults only beginning in this particular exercise field (pardon the pun).

Are there any sales on anywhere.....would only want to spend €80 max?

My friend suggested Salomon Speedcross but I know these are more expensive than I can afford. If money were no object are these the best out there? Would be mountain terrain I would be running on.

Thanks in advance.

trail or cross country as the ones u suggested are trail as cross country have spikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

rom wrote: »
    trail or cross country as the ones u suggested are trail as cross country have spikes?

Well to be honest it would be a bit of both, starting with fire road and going properly off road.

But would mainly be mountain road/forest trails!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Well to be honest it would be a bit of both, starting with fire road and going properly off road.

But would mainly be mountain road/forest trails!

You need trail shoes then, spikes are only good for cross country races in a field. Best in the business is Inov8 (I should be getting a commission from them).
    Will set you back a little more than €80 unless you can find a deal somewhere. If you're doing fire road/trails, probably something like the TrailRoc 245/255 would be a good shoe as it can cope with everything from road to mud & grass.

If you're stuck on price, you should read the thread re Adidas Kanadia, meant to be a good intro shoe at a reasonable price.

Thanks for that, I looked at some reviews and it seems the Inov8 and Salomon are the pick of the shoes and won't be disappointed with either!

Thanks for that, I looked at some reviews and it seems the Inov8 and Salomon are the pick of the shoes and won't be disappointed with either!

• Advertisement
Advertisement