Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre F1000 and Bridging WAN Interface

Options
  • 24-01-2014 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭

Probably asked few times now, but will the Firmware be updated to fix the current issue with Bridging the WAN interface rebooting the modem?

Quite a few of the Companies/customers we support are running into issues with double NATing causing issues, because we can't bridge the WAN to the Firewall behind the modem. This is causing frequent calls to Eircom support from us and our customers, with no real information on when the issue will be resolved.

We've had to Direct some of our customers away from Eircom eFibre because of these issues.

Nate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Probably asked few times now, but will the Firmware be updated to fix the current issue with Bridging the WAN interface rebooting the modem?

Quite a few of the Companies/customers we support are running into issues with double NATing causing issues, because we can't bridge the WAN to the Firewall behind the modem. This is causing frequent calls to Eircom support from us and our customers, with no real information on when the issue will be resolved.

We've had to Direct some of our customers away from Eircom eFibre because of these issues.

Nate

Hi Nate--IRL--

I'm unable to confirm this I'm afraid. Technical support have advised me that firmware will be updated in the future but they do not know when and they do not know if it will resolve the issues you mention. They have advised me that as eircom do not support Bridging they will likely be unable to comment on this at all.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement