Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako A7 in .243 cal

Options
  • 24-01-2014 8:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title i'm selling my, just bought, Sako A7. I've been offered a brand new custom rifle at an unbelievable price and so need to sell a rifle to free up a license and raise the cash.

The rifle is a Sako A7 in .243 caliber. It's just 4 months old and has fired exactly 11 rounds. I only got to zero her, and has not been used or fired since. I have the remaining 29 rounds from the 40 i bought with it. The rifle is perfect in every way. No marks, scratches, blemishes, etc. Nothing. The barrel is 22.5", and in light varmint. She is threaded in m14x1 and comes with a brand new Atec Maxim mod. Detailed description of each item is below.

The rifle is a superb stalking rifle. With scope, rings, and mod she is just under 9 lb total weight. With it's 22.5" barrel, and reflex Atec mod the total length is just under 26" with mod on. Giving perfect balance. She is zeroed on Federal 95 gr Ballistic tipped bullets, and is one holing at 100, and ragged holing at 200 yards. Never tested further out.

I am selling this in something of a funny way. I only want to sell the rifle, mod with bipod. I'm keeping the scope and rings to go on the new rifle. However if someone is interested in the entire package i may sell the entire lot. I am not interested in selling the scope and rings separately though.

Sako A7
    • .243 caliber
    • 22.5" blued light varmint barrel
    • 1:10 twist
    • 3 round detachable mag
    • Very light at only 6.4lb (without scope)
    • 14" length of pull
    • Weaver mounts attached to action
    • 2 way safety & bolt release
    • Any loss device on mag to prevent it falling out unintentionaly.
    • Threaded in m14x1
    • Thread cap protector
    • Rubberised stock for superb grip, even in wet conditions.
    • Two QD studs for sling

Hawke Sidewinder 30
    • 6-24 mag
    • 30mm tube
    • 56mm objective lens
    • Side parallax
    • Mil-Dot reticle
    • Water/shock/Fog proof
    • Green/red illuminated reticle
    • 1/4" click value
    • Raise target turrets with safety to prevent unintentional adjustment
    • 27 ounces
    • Still under Warranty
    • All original boxes, accessories, and paperwork
    • All sitting in rifle with Warne 300, medium rings

Suppressor
    • Atec Maxim
    • .30cal
    • Multi baffle with option to add or remove
    • Strips down for easy cleaning
    • M14 thread to suit rifle
    • Original box and paperwork available

All with Harris 6-9 swivel bipod

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15022

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15023

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15024

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15025

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15021

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15020

The rifle, scope, mod, bipod, rings were all bought brand new and cost just over €2,300. I'm looking for €1,895 for the entire (ovno) or for just the rifle, bipod & mod (no scope or rings) i'm looking for €1,545 (ovno).

I would ideally like a license holder to expedite the sale, but it's not a necessity, however deal will be done/finalised through and RFD as chosen by me.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement